Everett Takes Down Kootenay, 4-1October 29, 2009 - Western Hockey League (WHL) Everett Silvertips
After a scoreless first period Harper got Everett on the scoreboard converting a 3 on 1 rush with Markus McCrea and Langkow at 11:05 for a 1-0 lead. The Silvertips capitalized late in the period when the Silvertips benefited from two full minutes of a 5 on 3, after Kevin King and Dustin Sylvester were both penalized. Shortly into the 5 on 3 advantage Rasmus Rissanen scored his third goal of the season after the Everett defenseman one timed a Harper pass past goaltender Todd Matthews for a 2-0 Lead.
Everett then made it a three goal game with a tally that came with 6/10th's of a second left in the second period. Kellan Tochkin intercepted a clearing pass at the Kootenay blue line, skated it in down the left wing boards, and offered a crisp pass to Langkow who snapped it past Matthew for the 3-0 lead.
Kootenay tallied their lone goal when Matt Fraser snapped a low shot past Heemskerk at 3:13 of the third period. The Silvertips were able to ice the game with an empty net goal by Harper at 18:54 and clinch a 4-1 victory.
This brings the 'Tips record to 7-4-0-0 with 14 points in 11 games played. The Silvertips continue their seven game road trip this Saturday night with a 6:30 pm start against the Red Deer Rebels!
The Silvertips continue the 2009-2010 season at Comcast Arena Friday, November 13th against the Kelowna Rockets! Tickets are on sale now at everettsilvertips.com and at the Comcast Arena Box Office! For ticket information, including season seats and ticket packages, please call the Silvertips' front office at (425) 252-5100.
As always, radio coverage of Silvertips hockey will be provided by North Sound 1380 KRKO, while highlights of audio broadcast, video packages and relevant multimedia will be provided by the Western Hockey League's website, www.whl.ca.
Western Hockey League Stories from October 29, 2009
- Cowen And Koper Named To Team WHL - Spokane Chiefs
- Two Oil Kings Will Compete In The Subway Super Series - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Brett Ponich To Play For Team WHL In The 2009 Subway Super Series - Portland Winterhawks
- Two Pats To Play In Subway Super Series - Regina Pats
- Raiders To Wear Special Jerseys For Cancer Awareness Night Tomorrow - Prince Albert Raiders
- WHL This Week: Looking Ahead... - WHL
- Cougars & Hubbell Designer Goldsmiths Announce Player Of The Month - Prince George Cougars
- Myers to stick with Sabres of the NHL - Kelowna Rockets
- Kelowna players named to Team WHL in Subway Super Series - Kelowna Rockets
- Shinnimin To Compete For Team WHL At Subway Super Series - Tri-City Americans
- Brett Connolly To Take Part In 2009 Subway Super Series - Prince George Cougars
- Pair Of Broncos Make Team WHL - Swift Current Broncos
- Ashton Selected For Team WHL - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Blades Send Two To Subway Super Series - Saskatoon Blades
- Team WHL Rosters Announced For Subway Super Series - WHL
- Western Canada Under-16 Challenge Cup Begins Today - WHL
- Wheat Kings Edge The Chiefs - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Calgary Hitmen Open BC Road Trip With 4-1 Loss In Kelowna - Calgary Hitmen
- Everett Takes Down Kootenay, 4-1 - Everett Silvertips
- Gore's 44 Saves Snap Americans Win Streak - Tri-City Americans
- Rockets Defeat Calgary - Kelowna Rockets
- Beach Has Hat Trick, Chiefs Drop Decision - Spokane Chiefs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.