Bakersfield Condors vs. Utah GrizzliesMarch 20, 2009 - ECHL (ECHL) - Bakersfield Condors Press Release
Bakersfield (28-30-7, .485, 63pts) - 4th Pacific Division
Utah (26-24-16, .515, 68pts) - 4th West Division
Time: Doors open at 6 p.m., puck drops at 7 p.m.
Place: Mercy & Memorial Hospitals Home Ice at Rabobank Arena
Radio: ESPN Radio 1230
Webcast: B2 Networks and Bakersfieldcondors.com
F Matt Pope was released from his PTO with Binghamton on Monday, but was subsequently loaned to the Manitoba Moose on Tuesday. LW Bobby Bolt remains on the 30-IR, though he is eligible to be activated.
The Condors and Grizzlies face off for the ninth and final time this season tonight. Bakersfield is 6-2-0 against Utah this season, and at one point took five straight wins over the Grizzlies in the series.
The Condors have a 20-8-0 record in 28 all-time games against the Grizzlies, and are 16-18-3 against the West Division on the season.
The Phoenix RoadRunners kept pace with the Condors by snapping their seven-game winless skid last night in a victory over Alaska, which prevented the Condors from establishing a "magic number" in clinching a playoff spot. Bakersfield has a five-point lead over Phoenix in the standings, but because Phoenix will play 73 games this season instead of 72, win % is the deciding factor, not points. The Condors win % lead is .025, and Phoenix has 10 games remaining.
Bakersfield is just two points behind the Stockton Thunder, who are idle tonight, for 3rd place in the Pacific Division. The two teams will meet at Stockton Saturday night (7:30 p.m.) and the game can be heard on ESPN Radio 1230, or on www.bakersfieldcondors.com.
Tonight's game is Matt Caruana Bobblehead Night, sponsored by ABC23 and U.S. Army. The first 2,000 fans 12 and under will get a bobblehead doll of the Ducks prospect called up to Iowa earlier in the season.
Individual game tickets are on sale and may be purchased through the Rabobank Arena Box Office, which is open from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Saturday with extended hours on game days. Tickets may also be purchased by phone at 322-2525, online at Bakersfieldcondors.com, or at any Ticketmaster location. Season tickets, mini-plans and group outings are available at the Condors office located at 1001 Truxtun Avenue or by calling 324-PUCK (7825).
ECHL Stories from March 20, 2009
- Steelheads shutout Victoria, 2-0 - Idaho Steelheads
- Royals Tripped by Trenton, 4-2 - Reading Royals
- Bombers Take Shootout in Wheeling 4-3 - Dayton Bombers
- Goaltender Battle Ends in Shootout - Elmira Jackals
- Chiefs take bite out of Jackals - Johnstown Chiefs
- Nailers battle back to earn point - Wheeling Nailers
- Blades pull out 4-3 shootout win over Charlotte - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Clinch Playoffs Behind Reimer's Second Straight Shutout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Shootout loss for Checkers against Florida - Charlotte Checkers
- Devils Bounce Back with 4-2 Win in Reading - Trenton Devils
- Riemer, Stingrays defeat Sea Wolves, 3-0 - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Reign Adds To Roster - Ontario Reign
- Wranglers Miller Recalled to Milwaukee, Rookie Defenseman Added - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Kindle Joins Blueline; Kinley and Urquhart Recalled - Stockton Thunder
- Game Preview: Ontario Reign At Las Vegas Wranglers - Ontario Reign
- Steelheads Get Shelast Back From Hamilton - Idaho Steelheads
- Blades lose another to AHL; add pair to roster - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Patrik Hersley Placed On Injured Reserve - Reading Royals
- Nailers Welcome Spring With Three-Game Home Stand - Wheeling Nailers
- Rays Host Mississippi Tonight at 7:05 p.m. - South Carolina Stingrays
- Checkers Will Lift Up Ellie On Sunday Night - Charlotte Checkers
- Salmon Kings Continue Final Regular Season Home Stand - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Bakersfield Condors vs. Utah Grizzlies - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Nailers Gold Jersey Auction Ends Today - Wheeling Nailers
- Lukin Returns to Dayton from Rochester - Dayton Bombers
- Stingrays Add Pair of Forwards - South Carolina Stingrays
- Thunder thwarted on May's career-high four goals, natural hat trick - Stockton Thunder
- RoadRunners Topple Aces 3-1 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Aces Win Streak Ends in Phoenix, 3-1 - Alaska Aces
- Grizzlies Beat Stockton 5-1; Tom May Scores Four Goals - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.