Kibler, Figaro Named to MWL Post Season All-StarsAugust 26, 2008 - Midwest League (MWL) West Michigan Whitecaps
The MWL Post Season All-Star team selects a player for every position, including a right-handed and left-handed starting pitcher and two relievers. Kibler is the lefthander with Figaro being named the righthander. This is the first time in Whitecaps history that West Michigan boasts two starting pitchers in the post season team. Kibler and Figaro are also the first starting pitchers to be named to the team since starter Jon Connolly in 2003.
Kibler has been the best pitcher in the Midwest League this season, leading the league in wins (14), ERA (1.75) and innings pitched (154.1). The former Michigan State product has been even more outstanding at Fifth Third Ballpark, posting a 10-2 record with 1.46 ERA. Kibler fired two complete games this season and was named the Midwest League Pitcher of the Week twice along with the Tigers Minor League Pitcher of the Month in May.
Despite being promoted to High-A Lakeland on July 29, Figaro put together one of the top seasons in Whitecaps history. Figaro went 12-2 with a 2.05 ERA in 19 starts, including two complete-game shutouts. Figaro's 12 wins and 2.05 ERA still ranks second in the Midwest League behind only his teammate Kibler. He also led the league in innings pitched (123.0) and shutouts (2) at the time of his promotion.
Kibler and Figaro provided one of the best one-two punches in Whitecaps history and in the Midwest League.
For a full All-Star roster, please see the Midwest League attachment with this release and for more information on the post-season honors, contact the Whitecaps PR Department at 616-726-7052.
Midwest League Stories from August 26, 2008
- Snappers Fall in Extras - Beloit Snappers
- Bees Score 11 Runs in First Three Innings in 14-4 Win Over Quad Cities - Burlington Bees
- Kings Claim Final Home Game - Clinton LumberKings
- Cougars Win in 10, Even Series - Kane County Cougars
- Rattlers blanked in loss - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Burlington jumps out to 10-0 lead after two - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Sac Fly Tips 'Caps Past Loons - Great Lakes Loons
- Tucker wins game with walk-off sac fly - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Chiefs Fall 5-2 on Tuesday - Peoria Chiefs
- Big second lifts Dayton past Lugnuts - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dragons Win, Cut Magic Number to Three - Dayton Dragons
- Revere Named Midwest League MVP and Top Prospect - Beloit Snappers
- Rattlers Welcome the Zooperstars - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Treasurer to Award CollegeChoice 529 Investment Accounts at Ft. Wayne Wizards Game - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Kirwan Makes His Way Back to Beloit - Beloit Snappers
- Estanga stakes claim to post season award - Lansing Lugnuts
- Two Dragons Named to MWL Full-Season All-Star Team - Dayton Dragons
- Hamburger Beefs Up Clinton Bullpen - Clinton LumberKings
- Kibler, Figaro Named to MWL Post Season All-Stars - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Quezada Honored For Relief Efforts - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lambo Selected MWL Post-Season All-Star - Great Lakes Loons
- Moreland, Gac Named Post-Season All-Stars - Clinton LumberKings
- 2008 Post Season All-Star Roster Unveiled - MWL
- Tickets Going Fast for Final Homestand of Season - Great Lakes Loons
- Kernels beat Wisconsin, 6-2 Magic Number down to 3 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Silver Hawks Clinch Playoff Spot - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Brito to the Rescue - Beloit Snappers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.