Steelheads Off The HookNovember 19, 2007 - ECHL (ECHL) Idaho Steelheads
50/50 is how the week went, with the Steelheads claiming three of a possible six points. The team smoked by Utah in a 6-1 win on Wednesday night, before losing to the Grizzlies 6-5 in sudden death overtime Friday. The teams then traveled to Utah immediately following Friday's game to play on Grizzlies' ice Saturday, where Idaho lost 3-1.
THANKSGIVING WEEK SCHEDULE
This week won't be any easier for the Steelheads with the first place Victoria Salmon Kings coming to town for a three-game series beginning Wednesday. The Salmon Kings are tied for first place in the ECHL with 20 points (2nd place rank in percentage behind Las Vegas at 0.769%) and since Canada has already celebrated its Thanksgiving Holiday (in Oct.), Victoria most likely won't arrive much in the giving spirit. Idaho is currently ranked 12th overall in the League.
IDAHO STEELHEADS AT A GLANCE
Overall: 4-3-4-2 (14 points)
ECHL NATIONAL CONFERENCE, DIVISION STANDINGS
WEST GP W L T PTS PCT
Victoria Salmon Kings 13 10 3 0 20 0.769
Alaska Aces 13 9 3 1 19 0.731
Idaho Steelheads 13 4 3 6 14 0.538
Utah Grizzlies 14 6 8 0 12 0.429
Phoenix RoadRunners 12 5 7 0 10 0.417
PACIFIC GP W L T PTS PCT
Las Vegas Wranglers 12 10 2 0 20 0.833
Stockton Thunder 14 6 7 1 13 0.464
Fresno Falcons 11 4 4 3 11 0.500
Bakersfield Condors 15 4 8 3 11 0.367
Victoria @ Idaho: Wed. November 21st, 7:10 pm
Victoria @ Idaho: Fri. November 23rd, 7:10 pm
Victoria @ Idaho: Sat. November 24th, 7:10 pm
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS
11/14/07 vs. UTA, 6-1 W
11/16/07 vs. UTA, 6-5 OTL
11/17/07 @ UTA, 3-1 L
BOISE ORTHOPEDIC CENTER INJURY REPORT/TRANSACTIONS
11/16/07 Delete Aaron Gagnon, F placed on the 3-day IR, 11/16
11/15/07 Delete Jeremy Scherlinck, D recalled to Iowa (AHL)
11/15/07 Add Liam Huculak, F activated off IR
11/15/07 Add Travis Wight, D assigned by Iowa (AHL)
11/15/07 Delete Liam Huculak, F traded to Columbia
Steelheads have not won on the road yet this season (0-3-2) after posting 45 wins away from home over the last two seasons; Steelheads lead the league in games tied after regulation (6).
HAY, HAY, HAY
Veteran defenseman Darrell Hay is riding a five-game point streak picking up three goals and six assists.
The Idaho Steelheads practice on Tuesday at Idaho IceWorld from 10-11:00 am, and Wednesday, Friday and Saturday at Qwest Arena from 10-11:00 am. Practices are free and open to the public.
Listen to all 72 games with ECHL's Broadcaster of the Year Joe O'Donnell calling the action. Joe is joined in the booth this season by current and former Steelheads players who will provide color commentary. Tune in to ESPN Radio 1350 KTIK the Ticket on games nights as well as Monday though Friday at 6:00 pm for the Bud Light Idaho Steelheads Hockey Show as Joe talks all things Steelheads.
All home and road games can be watched through a link on the Steelheads website provided by B2 Networks for $6 a game, or buy The Power Play Season Pass season pass to catch every game for $140.
The Idaho Steelheads offer a variety of ticket plans to fit any schedule or pocket book. Call (208) 383-0080 to find out more. For day of game tickets, visit idahosteelheads.com and use the print at home feature, or call (208) 331-TIXS or visit the box office at Qwest Arena.
ECHL Stories from November 19, 2007
- Royals Goaltender Jon Quick Recalled To Manchester - Reading Royals
- Steelheads Off The Hook - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Hit Road For California - Utah Grizzlies
- Sea Wolves Weekly - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Charlotte Checkers Weekly - Charlotte Checkers
- Nailers Weekly - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Victoria Salmon Kings This Week - Victoria Salmon Kings
- North Division Heating Up With Cincinnati In First - ECHL
- Texas retains top spot in South Division with three points in weekend series - Texas Wildcatters
- Marlies recall trio of defensemen - Columbia Inferno
- Wranglers Sweep Condors, Win Sixth Straight - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Augusta Lynx Weekly - Augusta Lynx
- 'Blades see two get called up to AHL - Florida Everblades
- One and Done - Reading Royals
- Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Ice Pilots Sign Veteran Forward Kalmikov - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- Weekly Arrowhead - Johnstown Chiefs
- Salmon Kings Look To Turn Up Volume - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Falcons weekly - Fresno Falcons
- Stingrays weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Run Unbeaten Streak To Six Games - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Falcons to hold karaoke contest, collect coats for kids - Fresno Falcons
- Ice Pilots Weekly - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Inferno Weekly - Columbia Inferno
- Awe Called up to Houston; Gladiators Sign Dobek - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Florida Rides Power Play to 4-2 Win Over Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Score In Third To Beat Dayton 5-4 - Dayton Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.