Charlotte Checkers WeeklyNovember 19, 2007 - ECHL (ECHL) Charlotte Checkers
CHECKERS DROP HEARTBREAKER TO EVERBLADES
Charlotte, N.C. - The Charlotte Checkers battled their division rivals, the Florida Everblades Friday to a 5-4 shootout loss.
In the first period, while on the power play, Checkers defenseman Mark Smith scored on his first shot as a Checker as he made his debut after sitting out the first part of the season with a lower-body injury. Kaleb Betts rushed down the right wing side and flipped a pass to Smith who rifled the puck behind Everblades netminder, Justin Peters at 2:54 giving the Checkers a 1-0 lead. Later, while sporting a man-advantage, the Everblades Derek Damon found a loose puck in the crease and slammed it home tying the contest at 7:27. Less than twenty second later, Dusty Jamieson answer backed when he busted into the Florida zone and flipped a backhander beating Peters and recapturing the one goal advantage at 7:41.
For Full Story, click: http://gocheckers.com/fullstory.php?id=751
Nov 16, 2007
CHECKERS DOWN INFERNO IN SHOOTOUT
Columbia, S.C. - The Checkers defeated their division rivals, the Columbia Inferno in a shootout thursday.
In the first period, Mac Faulkner accepted a great pass from Tyler Doig and wristed the puck behind Checkers goaltender, Miika Wiikman at 14:11 putting the Inferno up, 1-0. Despite several power play opportunities in the initial stanza, the Checkers couldn't get on the board.
For Full Story, click: http://gocheckers.com/fullstory.php?id=750
CHECKERS RECORD THIS SEASON
- Blake Bellefeuille leads the team in points with 11 (3g,8a)
- In Mark Smith's first game for Charlotte this season on Friday night, he had a goal, assist and was +2
- The Checkers are 1-2 in shootouts this season
- Lee Falardeau has a four game point streak going (2g, 2a)
GAMES THIS WEEK
- Wednesday, Nov. 21 @ South Carolina -7:05 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 23 vs. Texas - 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 24 @ Gwinnett -7:35 p.m.
Goals: Jamieson, Dusty (5)
Assists: Bellefeuille, Blake/ Smith, Kenton (8)
Points: Bellefeuille, Blake (11)
Plus/Minus: Smith, Kenny/Smith, Kenton (+5)
PIM: Nightingale, Jared (24)
Wins: Zaba, Matt (2)
GAA: Wiikman, Miika (2.36)
Save Pct.: Wiikman, Miika (.922)
(Only current players are listed above)
ECHL Stories from November 19, 2007
- Royals Goaltender Jon Quick Recalled To Manchester - Reading Royals
- Steelheads Off The Hook - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Hit Road For California - Utah Grizzlies
- Sea Wolves Weekly - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Charlotte Checkers Weekly - Charlotte Checkers
- Nailers Weekly - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Victoria Salmon Kings This Week - Victoria Salmon Kings
- North Division Heating Up With Cincinnati In First - ECHL
- Texas retains top spot in South Division with three points in weekend series - Texas Wildcatters
- Marlies recall trio of defensemen - Columbia Inferno
- Wranglers Sweep Condors, Win Sixth Straight - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Augusta Lynx Weekly - Augusta Lynx
- 'Blades see two get called up to AHL - Florida Everblades
- One and Done - Reading Royals
- Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Ice Pilots Sign Veteran Forward Kalmikov - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- Weekly Arrowhead - Johnstown Chiefs
- Salmon Kings Look To Turn Up Volume - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Falcons weekly - Fresno Falcons
- Stingrays weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Run Unbeaten Streak To Six Games - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Falcons to hold karaoke contest, collect coats for kids - Fresno Falcons
- Ice Pilots Weekly - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Inferno Weekly - Columbia Inferno
- Awe Called up to Houston; Gladiators Sign Dobek - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Florida Rides Power Play to 4-2 Win Over Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Score In Third To Beat Dayton 5-4 - Dayton Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.