Worcester Railers HC Sign Forward Jacob Hayhurst for 2020-21 Season
Worcester, MA - The Worcester Railers Hockey Club (@RailersHC), proud ECHL (@ECHL) affiliate of the New York Islanders (@NYIslanders), and Railers HC General Manager and Head Coach David Cunniff officially announced today that the club has signed forward Jacob Hayhurst (@Hayhurst12) to an ECHL contract for the 2020-21 season.
Jacob Hayhurst is entering his rookie season after spending last season at the University of Michigan where he tallied 15 points (eight goals, seven assists) in 36 games. The 5-foot-8, 165lb forward spent his first three collegiate seasons at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (R.P.I.), accumulating 66 points (22 goals, 44 assists) in 102 games. The 23-year-old led the Engineers in scoring during the 2017-18 season with 23 points (12 goals, 11 assists) and the 2018-19 season with 23 points (three goals, 20 assists).
Prior to college hockey, the Mississauga, Ontario native captured back-to-back Ontario Junior Hockey League (OJHL) championships in 2014 and 2015 with the Toronto Patriots. After leading the Patriots in scoring with 55 points (23 goals, 32 assists) in 49 games, Hayhurst spent one season with the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders in the United States Hockey League (USHL) before heading to R.P.I.
"We're very fortunate to have Jacob on our team. He is a heck of a hockey player," Cunniff said. "Jacob makes a ton of plays on the ice and that is what I look for in a player. I think he is going to be a really big asset for our team and I'm looking forward to watching him play for the Railers."
The Railers now have ten players signed for the 2020-21 season, as Jacob Hayhurst joins Drew Callin, Connor Doherty, Brennan Feasey, Cam Hausinger, Kenny Hausinger, Myles McGurty, Ross Olsson, Tyler Poulsen and Jordan Smotherman.
All player signings this offseason are brought to you by SERVPRO of Worcester, with more announcements expected over the next few weeks. Click HERE for the most up to date roster.
Become a Railers HC Member today for just $1 down and receive a $25 gift card per membership! Click HERE for this exclusive offer or call 508-365-1750.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 13, 2020
- Worcester Railers HC Sign Forward Jacob Hayhurst for 2020-21 Season - Worcester Railers HC
- Forward Mathieu Foget Re-Signs with Indy - Indy Fuel
- Forward Nick Hutchison Re-Signs with Thunder for Rookie Season - Adirondack Thunder
- Roster Takes Shape with Addition of Peterson - Atlanta Gladiators
- Forward Jade Miller Joins Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Sorenson Returns to Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- IceMen Acquire Defenseman Kevin McKernan from Kansas City - Jacksonville IceMen
- Mavericks Trade DMan McKernan to Jacksonville for Rights to F Pierre-Luc Mercier - Kansas City Mavericks
- Growlers Sign Forward Mark Tremaine - Newfoundland Growlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Worcester Railers HC Stories
- Food for Frontliners Recognizes COVID-19 Frontline Workers
- Worcester Railers HC Launches Hockey Feeds the Need Campaign
- Worcester Railers HC to Host Drive-Thru Teddy Bear Toss and Toy Drive to Benefit Friendly House on December 19
- Worcester Railers HC Announce Suspension of Play for the 2020-21 Season
- Worcester Railers HC Sign Forward Eddie Matsushima for the 2020-21 Season