Wolves Hold off Resilient Suns in the Desert
Prescott Valley, Ariz. - The Iowa Wolves (18-22) held off a resilient Northern Arizona Suns (8-32) team Wednesday night, defeating the home team 138-131.
The Suns came back from 20 points in the fourth quarter, cutting the lead to seven points with under a minute remaining before the Wolves would close out the game.
Jarred Vanderbilt continued his dominant play in the NBA G League, collecting his third double-double in four games. The former University of Kentucky standout finished with 24 points and 14 rebounds while shooting 9-of-17 from the floor.
James Webb III tallied a game-high 25 points off the bench for the Wolves in the win. The forward also recorded his eighth double-double of the season, hauling in 12 rebounds.
As a team the Wolves shot 49.0% (47-of-96) from the field and were nearly flawless at the free throw line, converting 25-of-29 attempts.
Big 12 duo Barry Brown Jr. and Lindell Wigginton each supported the team with 20 points, and both dished out a team-high six assists as starters.
Phoenix Suns assignee Ty Jerome paced Northern Arizona with 23 points off the bench. The guard also tallied nine assists and five rebounds while shooting 9-of-22 from the floor.
The Wolves finish their two-game road trip Friday night with a matchup against the Salt Lake City Stars at 8:00 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 5, 2020
- Keithean Brooks Recognized as Memphis Hustle High School Top Performer of the Month Presented by Campbell Clinic - Memphis Hustle
- Lakeland Magic Dedicate the Month of February to Education and Literacy - Lakeland Magic
- Greensboro Swarm Adds Jeff Roberson to Roster - Greensboro Swarm
- Phoenix Recalls Ty Jerome from NAZ Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Stars Rally Past Warriors to Grab Fifth-Straight Win - Salt Lake City Stars
- South Bay Keeps Kings in Check for Big Home Victory - South Bay Lakers
- Three Phoenix Suns Impressive in NAZ Suns Loss to Wolves - Northern Arizona Suns
- Warriors Fall to Stars, 101-95 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Wolves Hold off Resilient Suns in the Desert - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.