Warriors Fall to Stars, 101-95
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah - The Santa Cruz Warriors (20-20) fell to the Western Conference-leading Salt Lake City Stars (29-12), 101-95, Wednesday night at Bruin Arena in the first game of a three-game road trip.
Guard Andrew Harrison led the Warriors with 24 points on 7-of-11 FG, adding six assists and six rebounds while fellow guard Jonathan Simmons added 18 points and six rebounds. Center Deyonta Davis finished the night with 16 points and 13 rebounds, his ninth double-double in the last 10 games.
Guard Mike Scott led the Stars with 20 points off the bench and two-way guard Justin Wright-Foreman ended the night with 17 points. Center Isaac Haas added 10 points and 13 rebounds in the Stars victory.
The Warriors scored the first eight points of the game however the Stars trailed by just three, 27-24, entering the second quarter. Andrew Harrison scored a team-high nine points on a perfect three-of-three 3FG in the period. Santa Cruz connected on six three-pointers in the second quarter but Salt Lake went on a 9-2 run late in the second to cut the Warriors lead to 61-59 heading into the half.
Center Torren Jones was a perfect four-of-four from the field in the third quarter, helping the Sea Dubs extend their lead to 78-72 entering the fourth quarter. The Stars rallied mid-way through the fourth quarter to take its first lead of the game, 86-84, and didn't trail the rest of the way.
The Warriors head to Sioux Falls to take on the Skyforce (20-20) at the Sanford Pentagon on Friday, March 6 at 5:00pm in the second contest of their three-game road trip. Fans can watch the game on NBC Sports Bay Area or stream on the MyTeams App. The Warriors conclude the road trip at Iowa on Sunday, March 8 at 1 p.m. before returning to Kaiser Permanente Arena on March 12 to take on the Oklahoma City Blue (20-19) at 7 p.m. The first 1,000 fans will receive a Hardwood Classics Blanket presented by Ticketmaster. For more information on the Santa Cruz Warriors 2019-20 NBA G League season, presented by Kaiser Permanente, visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 5, 2020
- Keithean Brooks Recognized as Memphis Hustle High School Top Performer of the Month Presented by Campbell Clinic - Memphis Hustle
- Lakeland Magic Dedicate the Month of February to Education and Literacy - Lakeland Magic
- Greensboro Swarm Adds Jeff Roberson to Roster - Greensboro Swarm
- Phoenix Recalls Ty Jerome from NAZ Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Stars Rally Past Warriors to Grab Fifth-Straight Win - Salt Lake City Stars
- South Bay Keeps Kings in Check for Big Home Victory - South Bay Lakers
- Three Phoenix Suns Impressive in NAZ Suns Loss to Wolves - Northern Arizona Suns
- Warriors Fall to Stars, 101-95 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Wolves Hold off Resilient Suns in the Desert - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Recovery Resource Center at Kaiser Permanente Arena to Reduce Hours
- Kaiser Permanente Arena to Serve as Polling Site for 2020 General Election
- Kaiser Permanente Arena to Become Recovery Resource Center for Victims Affected by the Czu Lightning Complex Fire
- Santa Cruz Warriors Awarded 2019-20 NBA G League Social Responsibility/Youth Basketball Award for Sea Dub Classics Program
- Santa Cruz Warriors Raise over $5,000 for Community Foundation Santa Cruz County COVID-19 Local Response Fund