Wolves Fend off Clippers, Earn First Victory of Season
Ontario, Calif. - The Iowa Wolves (1-5) held off a late surge from the Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario (1-3) Wednesday afternoon to secure their first victory of the season, winning 109-103 on the road.
Iowa's 14-point second-half lead was erased completely by Agua Caliente as the Clippers led the contest 104-102 with 1:29 remaining. However, NBA veteran Hakim Warrick came up huge for the Wolves in the closing minute, finishing a three-point play on offense and following up with a potential game-tying block on the other end with 12.9 seconds remaining in the game.
Warrick finished with a season-high 19 points to go along with five rebounds, two assists and one block.
Two-way guard Jared Terrell posted a team-high 20 points, including 11 in the first quarter. The Rhode Island graduate also pulled down a team-high eight rebounds in the win.
Offensively, the Wolves set new game-highs in field goal percentage (49.3%), three-point percentage (50.0%) and free throw percentage (83.9%).
Canyon Barry shot a perfect 8-of-8 from the charity stripe and sealed the win for Iowa by hitting his final four free throws with under 10 seconds remaining in the game. The affiliate player finished with 19 points, four rebounds and four assists.
The starting guard combo of Darius Johnson-Odom and Jonathan Stark tallied 15 points apiece while shooting 6-of-8 (75.0%) and 7-of-12 (58.3% respectively from the field.
Clippers assignee Jerome Robinson led all scorers in today's contest, posting 35 points on 13-of-22 shooting from the field. The No. 14 overall pick in the 2018 NBA Draft added four rebounds and three assists to his stat line.
The Wolves return home after a three-game road trip to battle the Texas Legends on Sunday, Nov. 18 at 4:00 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 14, 2018
- Kornet Grabs Career-High as Knicks Defeat Canton, 106-95 - Westchester Knicks
- Windy City Drops Fifth Straight, Lose 110-92 to Hustle - Windy City Bulls
- Hustle Grind out Third Straight Win, Pull Away Late over Windy City - Memphis Hustle
- Sumner's 35 Propels Mad Ants to Third Consecutive Win - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge Fall at Home to Knicks - Canton Charge
- Late Push Not Enough As Wolves Hold Off Clippers For First Win - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Wolves Fend off Clippers, Earn First Victory of Season - Iowa Wolves
- Drive, Modern Woodmen Host Veterans Night Game - Grand Rapids Drive
- Stars Acquire Returning Player Rights to Wes Washpun - Salt Lake City Stars
- Wolves Acquire Returning Player Rights to Diamond Stone in Trade with Salt Lake City - Iowa Wolves
- Suns' Near Perfect First Quarter Spoiled in End - Northern Arizona Suns
- Santa Cruz Warriors Continue Winning Streak with 115-112 Win over Northern Arizona Suns - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.