Sumner's 35 Propels Mad Ants to Third Consecutive Win
FORT WAYNE, Ind. - The Fort Wayne Mad Ants defeated the Wisconsin Herd, 122-115, at Menominee Nation Arena on Wednesday night in front of a crowd of 2,319. Two-way player Edmond Sumner erupted for 17 points in the first quarter on his way to a career-high 35 points. Sumner finished shooting 14-of-19 for the night.
Alize Johnson and Ben Moore both pitched in double-double efforts for Fort Wayne (3-1). Wednesday was Johnson's third double-double in three games since his assignment to the Mad Ants.
Two-way player Davon Reed tallied 12 points, while Omari Johnson added 10 points off the bench.
Fort Wayne outrebounded Wisconsin (1-3) by 19, which is the largest margin of the season by the Mad Ants.
James Young and Sterling Brown both added 27 and 23 points respectfully for the Herd. Christian Wood, Travis Trice, Trevon Duval and Brandon McCoy all finished with double figures for the Herd, who have now dropped three of the first four games of the season.
Both teams return to action on Friday night. Fort Wayne will head to Maine, while Wisconsin will host Capital City.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 14, 2018
- Kornet Grabs Career-High as Knicks Defeat Canton, 106-95 - Westchester Knicks
- Windy City Drops Fifth Straight, Lose 110-92 to Hustle - Windy City Bulls
- Hustle Grind out Third Straight Win, Pull Away Late over Windy City - Memphis Hustle
- Sumner's 35 Propels Mad Ants to Third Consecutive Win - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge Fall at Home to Knicks - Canton Charge
- Late Push Not Enough As Wolves Hold Off Clippers For First Win - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Wolves Fend off Clippers, Earn First Victory of Season - Iowa Wolves
- Drive, Modern Woodmen Host Veterans Night Game - Grand Rapids Drive
- Stars Acquire Returning Player Rights to Wes Washpun - Salt Lake City Stars
- Wolves Acquire Returning Player Rights to Diamond Stone in Trade with Salt Lake City - Iowa Wolves
- Suns' Near Perfect First Quarter Spoiled in End - Northern Arizona Suns
- Santa Cruz Warriors Continue Winning Streak with 115-112 Win over Northern Arizona Suns - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.