Wolves Band Together in Second Half, Defeat Legends at Home
Des Moines, Iowa - The Iowa Wolves (2-5) overcame a 14-point second half deficit to defeat the Texas Legends (3-4) 118-111 Sunday evening at Wells Fargo Arena, earning their first home victory of the season.
Iowa outscored Texas 67-50 in the second half to secure its second-straight win.
Hakim Warrick led the way offensively for Iowa, scoring a season-high 23 points while shooting 70% (7-of-10) from the floor. The NBA veteran also finished 8-of-11 from the charity stripe and added six rebounds, three assists and two steals in the win.
Six Wolves players finished in double figures on the evening, setting a new single-game high. The 118-point effort tied for the most points in a game this season for Iowa.
Darius Johnson-Odom finished with his sixth 20-point game of the season, posting 20 points, four rebounds and three assists.
Two-way guard C.J. Williams tallied 14 points, including all but two points in the second half, in just his second appearance of the season with Iowa.
As a team, Iowa shot 49.3% (37-of-75) from the field, including 50.0% (9-of-18) from beyond the arc while committing just seven turnovers.
Returning player Jameel Warney finished with a double-double for the Legends, posting 20 points and 10 rebounds. Two-way guard Daryl Macon tallied 20 points, seven rebounds and six assists.
The Wolves will travel after Thanksgiving for a two-game road trip beginning with the Oklahoma City Blue on Friday, Nov. 23 at 2:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 18, 2018
- South Bay Shoots for the Stars, Lands on a Win - South Bay Lakers
- Davis Drops Career-High 29 as Blue Bests Spurs - Oklahoma City Blue
- Erie's Third-Quarter Dominance Too Much For Knicks, 113-106 - Westchester Knicks
- Iowa's Fourth Quarter Burst Bests Legends - Texas Legends
- Wolves Band Together in Second Half, Defeat Legends at Home - Iowa Wolves
- Austin Spurs Fall to Oklahoma City Blue 130-118 - Austin Spurs
- Knicks Host Five Straight Opponents Starting Sunday Versus Erie - Westchester Knicks
- Detroit Pistons Recall Henry Ellenson, Khyri Thomas and Bruce Brown from Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Austin Spurs Acquire Nick Johnson - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Wolves Offense in Top Form in Defeat of Hustle
- Iowa Reigns over Stockton in Overtime Affair
- Darius Johnson-Odom Named to Midseason Western Conference All-NBA G League Team
- Wolves Unable to Stop Lethal Three Point Barrage from Blue Coats
- Warrick Powers Wolves over Clippers at Home