Wolves Band Together in Second Half, Defeat Legends at Home
Des Moines, Iowa - The Iowa Wolves (2-5) overcame a 14-point second half deficit to defeat the Texas Legends (3-4) 118-111 Sunday evening at Wells Fargo Arena, earning their first home victory of the season.
Iowa outscored Texas 67-50 in the second half to secure its second-straight win.
Hakim Warrick led the way offensively for Iowa, scoring a season-high 23 points while shooting 70% (7-of-10) from the floor. The NBA veteran also finished 8-of-11 from the charity stripe and added six rebounds, three assists and two steals in the win.
Six Wolves players finished in double figures on the evening, setting a new single-game high. The 118-point effort tied for the most points in a game this season for Iowa.
Darius Johnson-Odom finished with his sixth 20-point game of the season, posting 20 points, four rebounds and three assists.
Two-way guard C.J. Williams tallied 14 points, including all but two points in the second half, in just his second appearance of the season with Iowa.
As a team, Iowa shot 49.3% (37-of-75) from the field, including 50.0% (9-of-18) from beyond the arc while committing just seven turnovers.
Returning player Jameel Warney finished with a double-double for the Legends, posting 20 points and 10 rebounds. Two-way guard Daryl Macon tallied 20 points, seven rebounds and six assists.
The Wolves will travel after Thanksgiving for a two-game road trip beginning with the Oklahoma City Blue on Friday, Nov. 23 at 2:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 18, 2018
- South Bay Shoots for the Stars, Lands on a Win - South Bay Lakers
- Davis Drops Career-High 29 as Blue Bests Spurs - Oklahoma City Blue
- Erie's Third-Quarter Dominance Too Much For Knicks, 113-106 - Westchester Knicks
- Iowa's Fourth Quarter Burst Bests Legends - Texas Legends
- Wolves Band Together in Second Half, Defeat Legends at Home - Iowa Wolves
- Austin Spurs Fall to Oklahoma City Blue 130-118 - Austin Spurs
- Knicks Host Five Straight Opponents Starting Sunday Versus Erie - Westchester Knicks
- Detroit Pistons Recall Henry Ellenson, Khyri Thomas and Bruce Brown from Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Austin Spurs Acquire Nick Johnson - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.