Erie's Third-Quarter Dominance Too Much For Knicks, 113-106
WHITE PLAINS, NY - The visiting Erie BayHawks (3-4) displayed a dominant third quarter to overtake the Westchester Knicks (5-3), the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, 113-106, at Westchester County Center Sunday night.
Westchester tallied 64 points in the first half while containing its foe to just 43 points. Erie responded with a 47-point third quarter performance, the most points scored in the window for a Knicks opponent this season. Conversely, Westchester's 22-point third quarter performance tied its lowest since its season opener against Maine (11/2), which also resulted in a loss.
Erie carried enough of its momentum into the final quarter to keep its lead until the final buzzer sounded despite the hosts coming within four at the 1:51 mark. Erie used a 5-2 run from that point on to settle the seven-point decision.
Trevon Bluiett showed promise in his third game back after nursing a lower back injury. The New Orleans Pelicans flex assignee contributed 20 points off the bench, his second consecutive game in double-figures.
Luke Kornet finished with 27 points on the night, his third game eclipsing the 20-point mark. John Jenkins scored 23, knocking down a trio of triples.
Kadeem Allen had a team-high eight dimes. Isaiah Hicks led the team on the boards with 11.
For the visitors, Terrence Jones and John Gillon scored 33 and 30 respective points. Jones also grabbed a game-high 20 rebounds.
The Knicks, amid a five-game homestand, face the Long Island Nets, Tuesday, November 20. The action at the Westchester County Center begins at 7:00 PM.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 18, 2018
- South Bay Shoots for the Stars, Lands on a Win - South Bay Lakers
- Davis Drops Career-High 29 as Blue Bests Spurs - Oklahoma City Blue
- Erie's Third-Quarter Dominance Too Much For Knicks, 113-106 - Westchester Knicks
- Iowa's Fourth Quarter Burst Bests Legends - Texas Legends
- Wolves Band Together in Second Half, Defeat Legends at Home - Iowa Wolves
- Austin Spurs Fall to Oklahoma City Blue 130-118 - Austin Spurs
- Knicks Host Five Straight Opponents Starting Sunday Versus Erie - Westchester Knicks
- Detroit Pistons Recall Henry Ellenson, Khyri Thomas and Bruce Brown from Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Austin Spurs Acquire Nick Johnson - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.