Erie's Third-Quarter Dominance Too Much For Knicks, 113-106
WHITE PLAINS, NY - The visiting Erie BayHawks (3-4) displayed a dominant third quarter to overtake the Westchester Knicks (5-3), the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, 113-106, at Westchester County Center Sunday night.
Westchester tallied 64 points in the first half while containing its foe to just 43 points. Erie responded with a 47-point third quarter performance, the most points scored in the window for a Knicks opponent this season. Conversely, Westchester's 22-point third quarter performance tied its lowest since its season opener against Maine (11/2), which also resulted in a loss.
Erie carried enough of its momentum into the final quarter to keep its lead until the final buzzer sounded despite the hosts coming within four at the 1:51 mark. Erie used a 5-2 run from that point on to settle the seven-point decision.
Trevon Bluiett showed promise in his third game back after nursing a lower back injury. The New Orleans Pelicans flex assignee contributed 20 points off the bench, his second consecutive game in double-figures.
Luke Kornet finished with 27 points on the night, his third game eclipsing the 20-point mark. John Jenkins scored 23, knocking down a trio of triples.
Kadeem Allen had a team-high eight dimes. Isaiah Hicks led the team on the boards with 11.
For the visitors, Terrence Jones and John Gillon scored 33 and 30 respective points. Jones also grabbed a game-high 20 rebounds.
The Knicks, amid a five-game homestand, face the Long Island Nets, Tuesday, November 20. The action at the Westchester County Center begins at 7:00 PM.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 18, 2018
- South Bay Shoots for the Stars, Lands on a Win - South Bay Lakers
- Davis Drops Career-High 29 as Blue Bests Spurs - Oklahoma City Blue
- Erie's Third-Quarter Dominance Too Much For Knicks, 113-106 - Westchester Knicks
- Iowa's Fourth Quarter Burst Bests Legends - Texas Legends
- Wolves Band Together in Second Half, Defeat Legends at Home - Iowa Wolves
- Austin Spurs Fall to Oklahoma City Blue 130-118 - Austin Spurs
- Knicks Host Five Straight Opponents Starting Sunday Versus Erie - Westchester Knicks
- Detroit Pistons Recall Henry Ellenson, Khyri Thomas and Bruce Brown from Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Austin Spurs Acquire Nick Johnson - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Westchester Knicks Stories
- Knicks Receive Returning Rights to JJ Moore for Paul Watson
- Watson Leads G League Elite in Scoring in Four-Game Tourney
- Watson Named to USA's Elite Team for G League International Challenge
- Knicks Trade Returning Rights, Draft Pick for Andrew White III
- Westchester Knicks Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule