Wings Snap Skid with Comeback Win Sunday
The Red Wings scored four in the eighth and three in the ninth to storm from behind and snap their 11-game losing streak with an 8-7 win over the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders Sunday afternoon.
Trailing 7-1 in the eighth inning, Victor Robles started the comeback with a solo home run. Five batters later, Alex Dunlap hit a two-out, three-run home run to make it 7-5.
The Wings plated the winning three runs in the ninth inning without the benefit of a base hit. Scranton reliever Brooks Kriske walked the first five batters he faced as the Wings tied the game.
Former Red Wing Nick Goody took over on the mound and with one out and Donovan Casey at bat, uncorked a wild pitch that allowed Daniel Palka to score with the winning run.
The Red Wings return to Frontier Field on Tuesday night to open a series against the Buffalo Bisons.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A East League message board...
Triple-A East League Stories from September 12, 2021
- Sounds Drop Series Finale to Redbirds - Nashville Sounds
- Redbirds Beat Sounds in Season Series Finale - Memphis Redbirds
- Tides Comeback Falls Short as They Lose to Durham in Extras - Norfolk Tides
- Khalil Lee Hits Two Homers, Mets Roll to 10-2 Win over Bisons in Series Finale - Syracuse Mets
- Bisons Fall to Mets in Homestand Finale, 10-2 - Buffalo Bisons
- Bulls Walk off with 7-6 Ten-Inning Win over Tides - Durham Bulls
- Chasers Take Series Finale over Saints in Extras - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Saints Drop Finale in Extras to Storm Chasers, 3-2 in 10 - St. Paul Saints
- One Run Not Enough as I-Cubs Drop Third Straight - Iowa Cubs
- Mud Hens Thrash Cubs to End Lengthy Road Trip - Toledo Mud Hens
- Wings Snap Skid with Comeback Win Sunday - Rochester Red Wings
- RailRiders Edged to Prevent Sweep - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Tribe Cashes in on Extended Inning While Pitching Staff Rolls to Shutout - Louisville Bats
- Indians Shut out Bats, 3-0 - Indianapolis Indians
- Matheny Homers in Eighth, WooSox Take Series over IronPigs - Worcester Red Sox
- September 12 Game Notes: Iowa vs. Toledo - Iowa Cubs
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (53-59) at Louisville Bats (49-63) - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - September 12, 2021 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Mud Hens Club Six Homers in 21-4 Rout of Cubs - Toledo Mud Hens
- Toledo Scores Early and Often to Beat Iowa 21-4 - Iowa Cubs
- Omaha Allows Season-High 21 Runs in Loss to St. Paul - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.