Wildcats Add Ryan MacLellan from Rouyn-Noranda
MONCTON N.B. - The Moncton Wildcats have acquired defenseman Ryan MacLellan from the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies in exchange for a seventh round pick in the 2020 QMJHL Entry Draft.
The 19-year-old from Antigonish N.S. was drafted in 2016 by the Cape Breton Eagles, 67th overall and since then has played for both the Acadie-Bathurst Titan and Rouyn-Noranda Huskies. To date he has played in 117 QMJHL regular season games.
Last season Ryan was part of the Memorial Cup Championship team with the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies and will be able to bring that playoff experience and knowledge with him in Moncton.
"Ryan will bring depth and great experience to our defense core, having won the Memorial Cup last season, we look forward to welcoming him to Moncton." Said Director of Hockey Operations, Ritchie Thibeau
During the 2016-2017 season he was also a member of the Cape Breton West Islanders, winning the Telus Cup with current Wildcats Jacob Hudson, Sean Stewart and Jacob Stewart so will be among familiar teammates here in Moncton.
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from January 6, 2020
- QMJHL Team of the Week Named for Week 15 - QMJHL
- Wildcats Add Defenseman Jared McIsaac to the Blueline - Moncton Wildcats
- Wildcats End Trade Period Adding Two Defensemen: McIsaac and MacLellan - Moncton Wildcats
- Mooseheads Acquire Multiple Draft Picks for McIsaac - Halifax Mooseheads
- Wildcats Add Ryan MacLellan from Rouyn-Noranda - Moncton Wildcats
- Eagles Acquire Tyler Hinam in Trade with Rouyn-Noranda - Cape Breton Eagles
- Mooseheads Acquire Forward Alexandre David from Acadie-Bathurst - Halifax Mooseheads
- Mooseheads Acquire Multiple Draft Picks for Lavoie - Halifax Mooseheads
- Kevin Mandolese Named Ultramar Player of the Week for Week 15 - QMJHL
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.