Mooseheads Acquire Forward Alexandre David from Acadie-Bathurst
Halifax, N.S. - The Halifax Mooseheads have acquired 17-year-old forward Alexandre David from the Acadie-Bathurst Titan in exchange for forward Cole Stewart and a 5th round pick in 2021.
David was a second round pick of the Titan in 2018 and played 49 games last season in Acadie-Bathurst where he scored five points. The Pigeon Hill, NB native has played with the Campbellton Tigers this season in the Maritime Junior A Hockey League and has 13 points in 14 games. David shoots right and is 5-foot-8 and 172 pounds.
The 18-year-old Stewart was a third round pick of the Mooseheads in 2017 and has scored 12 points in 69 career games with Halifax.
The QMJHL trade period closes today at Noon ET.
The Mooseheads will host the Chicoutimi Sagueneens this Friday night at 7pm.Tickets are on sale now at the Ticket Atlantic Box Office, select Superstore outlets, TicketAtlantic.com or charge by phone 902-451-1221.
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from January 6, 2020
- QMJHL Team of the Week Named for Week 15 - QMJHL
- Wildcats Add Defenseman Jared McIsaac to the Blueline - Moncton Wildcats
- Wildcats End Trade Period Adding Two Defensemen: McIsaac and MacLellan - Moncton Wildcats
- Mooseheads Acquire Multiple Draft Picks for McIsaac - Halifax Mooseheads
- Wildcats Add Ryan MacLellan from Rouyn-Noranda - Moncton Wildcats
- Eagles Acquire Tyler Hinam in Trade with Rouyn-Noranda - Cape Breton Eagles
- Mooseheads Acquire Forward Alexandre David from Acadie-Bathurst - Halifax Mooseheads
- Mooseheads Acquire Multiple Draft Picks for Lavoie - Halifax Mooseheads
- Kevin Mandolese Named Ultramar Player of the Week for Week 15 - QMJHL
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.