Mooseheads Acquire Multiple Draft Picks for Lavoie
Halifax, N.S. - The Halifax Mooseheads have acquired four draft picks from the Chicoutimi Sagueneens in exchange for forward Raphael Lavoie.
The Mooseheads will receive a 1st round pick (CHA) in 2020, a 2nd round pick (SHE) in 2020, a 2nd round pick (CHI) in 2021 and a 3rd round pick (CHI) in 2021.
Lavoie won a gold medal with Canada in yesterday's World Junior Hockey Championship final versus Russia. He leaves the Mooseheads with 189 career points in 191 games. He set a franchise record with 20 goals during the 2019 President Cup Playoffs and is third in franchise history with 17 career game-winning goals. The Chambly, QC forward was originally drafted by Halifax in the second round, 29th overall in the 2016 QMJHL Entry Draft. Lavoie was drafted by the Edmonton Oilers in the second round of the June, 2019 NHL Entry Draft.
The QMJHL trade period closes today at Noon ET.
The Mooseheads will host Lavoie and the Sagueneens this Friday night at 7pm. Tickets are on sale now at the Ticket Atlantic Box Office, select Superstore outlets, TicketAtlantic.com or charge by phone 902-451-1221.
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from January 6, 2020
- QMJHL Team of the Week Named for Week 15 - QMJHL
- Wildcats Add Defenseman Jared McIsaac to the Blueline - Moncton Wildcats
- Wildcats End Trade Period Adding Two Defensemen: McIsaac and MacLellan - Moncton Wildcats
- Mooseheads Acquire Multiple Draft Picks for McIsaac - Halifax Mooseheads
- Wildcats Add Ryan MacLellan from Rouyn-Noranda - Moncton Wildcats
- Eagles Acquire Tyler Hinam in Trade with Rouyn-Noranda - Cape Breton Eagles
- Mooseheads Acquire Forward Alexandre David from Acadie-Bathurst - Halifax Mooseheads
- Mooseheads Acquire Multiple Draft Picks for Lavoie - Halifax Mooseheads
- Kevin Mandolese Named Ultramar Player of the Week for Week 15 - QMJHL
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.