Weekly: Four Atlantic Division Games Populate Penguins' Upcoming Schedule
Wednesday, Mar. 13 - PENGUINS 4 at Lehigh Valley 1
Jimmy Hayes' hat trick led the Penguins over their Keystone State rival. Hayes' three goals stole the show, but Tristan Jarry's 38 saves proved key in downing the Phantoms.
Saturday, Mar. 16 - PENGUINS 2 vs. Providence 1 (OT)
Adam Johnson scored the overtime winner for Wilkes-Barre/ Scranton to snatch the extra point from Providence. ATO rookie Jake Lucchini potted his first pro goal after the two clubs played 36 minutes of scoreless action.
Sunday, Mar. 16 - PENGUINS 2 vs. Toronto 4
A pair of late second-period goals powered the defending Calder Cup champs past the Pens. Hayes continued his hot run, and Jarrett Burton made things interesting with a late third-period tally, but it wasn't enough to pull off a comeback.
The Week Ahead
Tuesday, Mar. 19 - PENGUINS at Hershey
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton looks to extinguish Hershey's six-game point streak in the final of 12 season meetings. The Penguins trail in the season series, 3-6-0-2.
Friday, Mar. 22 - PENGUINS vs. Lehigh Valley
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton leads the season series 5-3-0-0 with four matchups remaining, but this is the final showdown at Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza.
Saturday, Mar. 23 - PENGUINS at Lehigh Valley
The Penguins are 3-0-0-0 at PPL Center this season. The Phantoms have the best penalty kill in the league (86.2%).
Sunday, Mar. 24 - PENGUINS vs. Springfield
The Pens have points in all four of their games against the T-Birds this season (3-0-1-0). J.S. Dea makes his return to NEPA along with Springfield's conference-leading power play (24.5%).
- Eight of Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's last 13 games have gone to overtime.
- Tristan Jarry has started 10 straight games for the Penguins, posting a record of 5-3-2 and a .932 save percentage.
- Jarry recorded the lone assist on Jimmy Hayes' goal on Sunday, increasing his lead on the franchise's all-time record for career points by a goalie (7).
- Ethan Prow is on a five-game point streak with assists in the past four contests.
- Jimmy Hayes has 11 points (8G-3A) in the past nine games and seven points (5G-2A) in the past four matchups.
UPCOMING GAME SCHEDULE
DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME
Tue, Mar. 19 Hershey Giant Center 7:00 p.m.
Fri, Mar. 22 Lehigh Valley Mohegan Sun Arena 7:05 p.m.
Sat, Mar. 23 Lehigh Valley PPL Center 7:05 p.m.
Sun, Mar. 24 Springfield Mohegan Sun Arena 3:05 p.m.
Wed, Mar. 13 (LW) Jake Lucchini Signed to ATO
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 19, 2019
- Jarry's 38 Saves Force Overtime, But Penguins Lose, 1-0 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Pilon Lifts Bears to Overtime Win over Penguins - Hershey Bears
- Checkers Snag a Point But Fall in OT 2-1 - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Edge Checkers, 2-1, in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Flames Sign Forward Luke Philp - Stockton Heat
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Oleg Sosunov to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Game #57 Preview: Tucson vs. Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Sabres Reassign Forward Matej Pekar to Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Weekly: Four Atlantic Division Games Populate Penguins' Upcoming Schedule - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Texas Stars Add Five Skaters to Roster - Texas Stars
- Griffins Continue Road Trip in Texas - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - March 19, 2019 - Syracuse Crunch
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Cameron Gaunce to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 24 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Amerks, Monroe County Partner for Refresh Recycling Night March 27 against Lehigh Valley - Rochester Americans
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.