Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Cameron Gaunce to Syracuse Crunch
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Tampa Bay Lightning have reassigned defenseman Cameron Gaunce to the Syracuse Crunch, vice president and general manager Julien BriseBois announced today.
Gaunce, 29, has appeared in 56 AHL games with the Crunch this season, recording 10 goals and 42 points to go along with 61 penalty minutes. He ranks first among all Syracuse defensemen for goals, assists and points. The Sudbury, Ontario native ranks sixth among AHL defensemen for points. Gaunce has also notched five power-play goals.
The 6-foot-2, 204-pound defenseman has appeared in 32 career NHL games with the Colorado Avalanche, Dallas Stars and Pittsburgh Penguins over three seasons, registering two goals and five points to go along with 36 penalty minutes. Gaunce has also played in 591 career AHL games with the Monsters, Wilkes/Barre-Scranton Penguins, Portland Pirates and Texas Stars, collecting 34 goals and 213 points. He helped the Texas Stars win the Calder Cup in 2014, skating in 18 postseason games, recording four assists and a plus-6 rating.
Gaunce was originally drafted by Colorado in the second round, 50th overall, in the 2008 NHL Draft.
Single game tickets and packages for the 2018-19 season are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the Crunch office located inside the War Memorial Arena at 800 S. State St. in Syracuse, by calling the office at 315-473-4444 or online through Ticketmaster. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 19, 2019
- Jarry's 38 Saves Force Overtime, But Penguins Lose, 1-0 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Pilon Lifts Bears to Overtime Win over Penguins - Hershey Bears
- Checkers Snag a Point But Fall in OT 2-1 - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Edge Checkers, 2-1, in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Flames Sign Forward Luke Philp - Stockton Heat
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Oleg Sosunov to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Game #57 Preview: Tucson vs. Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Sabres Reassign Forward Matej Pekar to Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Weekly: Four Atlantic Division Games Populate Penguins' Upcoming Schedule - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Texas Stars Add Five Skaters to Roster - Texas Stars
- Griffins Continue Road Trip in Texas - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - March 19, 2019 - Syracuse Crunch
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Cameron Gaunce to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 24 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Amerks, Monroe County Partner for Refresh Recycling Night March 27 against Lehigh Valley - Rochester Americans
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Forward Ross Colton to One-Year Contract
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Defenseman Ben Thomas
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Defenseman Andreas Borgman, Goaltender Chris Gibson
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Goaltender Spencer Martin
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Forwards Mitchell Stephens, Gemel Smith