Flames Sign Forward Luke Philp
Calgary, AB - The Calgary Flames announce today that they have signed free agent forward Luke Philp from the University of Alberta (CWUAA) to a two-year entry level contract.
Philp, a native of Canmore, AB, just finished his third season with the Golden Bears at University of Alberta. The 23-year-old has 21 goals and 24 assists for 45 points in 24 games with the University of Alberta this season and was presented with the Senator Joseph A. Sullivan Trophy as the USPORTS Men's Hockey Player of the Year.
Philp played five years in the Western Hockey League for Kootenay and Red Deer accumulating 103 goals and 148 assists for 251 points in 264 regular season games and another 16 goals and 25 assists for 41 points in 45 playoff games.
LUKE PHILP - CENTER
BORN: Canmore, AB DATE: November 6, 1995
HEIGHT: 5'10'' WEIGHT: 185 lbs.
ACQUIRED: Signed as a free agent on March 19, 2019.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 19, 2019
- Jarry's 38 Saves Force Overtime, But Penguins Lose, 1-0 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Pilon Lifts Bears to Overtime Win over Penguins - Hershey Bears
- Checkers Snag a Point But Fall in OT 2-1 - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Edge Checkers, 2-1, in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Flames Sign Forward Luke Philp - Stockton Heat
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Oleg Sosunov to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Game #57 Preview: Tucson vs. Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Sabres Reassign Forward Matej Pekar to Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Weekly: Four Atlantic Division Games Populate Penguins' Upcoming Schedule - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Texas Stars Add Five Skaters to Roster - Texas Stars
- Griffins Continue Road Trip in Texas - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - March 19, 2019 - Syracuse Crunch
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Cameron Gaunce to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 24 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Amerks, Monroe County Partner for Refresh Recycling Night March 27 against Lehigh Valley - Rochester Americans
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Heat Stories
- Leslie Named Stockton's 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Heat Drop Tuesday Tilt, 7-4, to San Jose
- Heat Continue Playoff Push Tuesday against San Jose
- Stockton, Bakersfield Face off Saturday at Mechanics Bank Arena
- Heat Rally for 3-2 Win over Condors