Phantoms Power Play
Phantoms In The Community:
On Saturday, the Phantoms hosted their third Very Important Phantom of the season, welcoming Cullen, a 9-year-old boy diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma to PPL Center. Prior to his diagnosis, Cullen played ice hockey and loved it. He is a huge Flyers and Phantoms fan.
He was given a tour of the Phantoms locker room before enjoying the game. He is currently undergoing treatment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
On Monday, Connor Bunnaman, Reece Willcox, and Mark Friedman took part in the Phantoms Fit program at Broughal Middle School in Bethlehem. They taught the kids some different hockey skills, including passing and shoot drills, and the school received brand new floor hockey equipment to use courtesy of Phantoms Charities.
Phantoms On The Ice:
Wednesday, March 13, 2019 -
LV Phantoms 1, WBS Penguins 4
The Phantoms were unable to pick up back-to-back Wednesday wins, falling to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins on Wednesday. Lehigh Valley is 7-2 in Wednesday games this season. Byron Froese scored his second goal for Lehigh Valley.
Friday, March 15, 2019 -
LV Phantoms 3, Providence Bruins 5
Lehigh Valley made a strong comeback effort, but eventually ran out of time on Friday against Providence. Connor Bunnaman and Greg Carey both scored in the final two minutes and David Kase scored his first goal since returning from injury.
Saturday, March 16, 2019 -
LV Phantoms 4, Toronto Marlies 3
A thrilling game on Saturday ended with a Chris Conner game-winning goal with 0.5 seconds remaining on the clock. Tyrell Goulbourne scored twice, and Reece Willcox added one as well as Mike McKenna made 37 saves in the victory.
Friday, March 22, 2019
Vs. W-B/Scranton Penguins - Mohegan Sun Arena
The Lehigh Valley Phantoms will finally have a full week of rest as they don't play again until Friday. The Phantoms will kick off a home-and-home series with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins on the road Friday night. Lehigh Valley is 3-2 in Wilkes-Barre this season and Friday will be the final trip up the Pennsylvania Turnpike this year.
Saturday, March 23, 2019
vs. W-B/Scranton Penguins - PPL Center
The second half of the home-and-home with the Penguins will be Saturday night at the PPL Center. T.J. Brennan has led the way for the Phantoms in the rivalry matchup, totaling seven points (2g, 5a) in seven games against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins.
3 Stars of the Week:
Beat The Clock
Chris Conner played the hero Saturday, giving the Phantoms a thrilling 4-3 victory over Toronto with his game-winning goal as time expired.
Tyrell Goulbourne loves scoring in pairs. He picked up his third two-goal game of the season after lighting the lamp twice on Saturday against the Toronto Marlies.
Sharing is Caring
Known more as a stay-at-home defender, Zach Palmquist has been contributing more on offense recently. He picked up his first multi-point game of the season with two assists in Saturday's win.
Service Electric's TV2 Sports will again be broadcasting all of the Phantoms' regular season home games live during the 2018-19 season. If you can't make it out to the rink, be sure to catch all the exciting action in high definition with Steve Degler, Todd Fedoruk, Doug Heater, Dan Fremuth and Kristi Fulkerson!
And be sure to catch each and every Phantoms game this season live on 1470-AM WSAN, 790-AM WAEB or via the Phantoms365 app! Join the Voice of the Phantoms, Bob Rotruck, for all of the heart-pumping action of Lehigh Valley Phantoms hockey whether the team is at home or on the road.
TICKETS & INFO
Tickets for each and every Phantoms home game throughout the 2018-19 season are available online at pplcenter.com, by calling 610-347-TIXX  or in-person at the QNB Box Office [7th & Hamilton].
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 19, 2019
- Jarry's 38 Saves Force Overtime, But Penguins Lose, 1-0 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Pilon Lifts Bears to Overtime Win over Penguins - Hershey Bears
- Checkers Snag a Point But Fall in OT 2-1 - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Edge Checkers, 2-1, in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Flames Sign Forward Luke Philp - Stockton Heat
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Oleg Sosunov to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Game #57 Preview: Tucson vs. Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Sabres Reassign Forward Matej Pekar to Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Weekly: Four Atlantic Division Games Populate Penguins' Upcoming Schedule - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Texas Stars Add Five Skaters to Roster - Texas Stars
- Griffins Continue Road Trip in Texas - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - March 19, 2019 - Syracuse Crunch
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Cameron Gaunce to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 24 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Amerks, Monroe County Partner for Refresh Recycling Night March 27 against Lehigh Valley - Rochester Americans
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley Phantoms Stories
- T.J. Brennan Reflects on 700 Pro Games and Rekindled Love for Hockey
- Phantoms Power Play
- Flyers Loan Defenseman Andy Welinski to Lehigh Valley
- Farabee Scores in Second Straight Game as Phantoms Earn Point
- Phantoms Young Talent Shines in 4-1 Victory over Penguins