Warriors Acquire Mac Koshwal in Trade with Bakersfield
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. - The Santa Cruz Warriors announced today that the team has acquired Mac Koshwal from the Bakersfield Jam, in exchange for the rights to Dominique Sutton. In conjunction with the move, the Warriors have waived Jarred Shaw.
Koshwal (6'10, 255) appeared in 15 games for Bakersfield this season, averaging 4.6 points and 7 rebounds in 22.4 minutes per contest. In 51 games with Bakersfield last season, he averaged 10.8 points, 10.0 rebounds, 1.8 assists, and 1.5 steals in 26.4 minutes per contest.
Koshwal was originally drafted by the Jam in the first round of the 2011 NBA D-League Draft (8th overall pick). He was a member of the 2013 Philadelphia 76ers training camp and has played at the NBA Summer League for the New Orleans Pelicans (2012) and the Detroit Pistons (2010).
The Chicago-native played three years at DePaul University, averaging 16.1 points, 10.1 rebounds and 1.8 steals his final year (2009-10).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 12, 2016
- Blue Fights Back to Edge Texas, 117-116 - Oklahoma City Blue
- Skyforce Win 10th Straight in 102-101 Victory over Raptors 905 - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Andrew Harrison Leads Iowa Energy to Victory - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Misses Oomph in Loss to Energy - Westchester Knicks
- Ronald Roberts Jr. records game highs with 26 points, nine rebounds for Raptors 905 in loss - Raptors 905
- Bakersfield Jam Acquire Returning Player Rights to Dominique Sutton in Trade with Santa Cruz Warrior - Bakersfield Jam
- Warriors Acquire Mac Koshwal in Trade with Bakersfield - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Rio Grande Valley's Raphiael Putney Named NBA Dev Elopment League Performer of the Week - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Rio Grande Valley's Raphiael Putney Named NBA Development League Performer of the Week - G League
- Mad Ants Acquire Travis Hyman - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Bryce Cotton Returns to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Santa Cruz Warriors Continue Winning Streak with 115-112 Win over Northern Arizona Suns
- Warriors Complete First 4-0 Start in Team History, Beat Wolves 109-103 Tonight
- Golden State Warriors Recall Jacob Evans III from Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz Warriors Rally Results in 103-97 Win over Agua Caliente Clippers
- Santa Cruz County Schools Receive Almost $1 Million in Additional Funding with Assist from MBEP Scholars and the Santa Cruz Warriors