Warney's Double-Double Overshadowed In Loss To Nets
LONG ISLAND, NY - The Westchester Knicks (28-20), the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, were unable to get much going and fell to the conference leading Long Island Nets (32-15), 110-102, Saturday night inside the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
Long Island charge a debt as large as 21 points to Westchester. While the Knicks shot a lowly 36.5-percent from the field and 13.6-percent from distance, on the other end of the ball, the hosts shot 48.2-percent from the floor and sank 36.8-percent of their tries from the perimeter.
Jameel Warney hauled a season-high 19 rebounds, one shy of his career-high, and scored on eight field goals for 16 points. He also added four dimes.
Billy Garrett led with a game-high 30 points tabbing his third game this season with at least that much. Garrett achieved this on 55-percent shooting, to go along with four boards and four assists.
Two-Way Player Isaiah Hicks and Zak Irvin made a return after both were sidelined for five games due to injury. In their returns, the duo added eight and 14 respective points.
For the Nets, Dzanan Musa poured in 24 points. Mitchell Creek finished with 20 points and 10 boards.
The Knicks return to the Westchester County Center, Thursday, March 21 to host the Maine Red Claws.
Watch game highlights here - https://youtu.be/NErVL4vQeFo
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 16, 2019
- Blue Coats Closed out by Raptors 905 - Delaware Blue Coats
- Iowa Takes Care of Business in Home Finale against Wisconsin - Iowa Wolves
- South Bay Boots Austin Back to Texas in Home Win - South Bay Lakers
- Long Island Defeats Westchester to Clinch Atlantic Division - Long Island Nets
- Charge Ground BayHawks in Front of Capacity Crowd - Canton Charge
- Warney's Double-Double Overshadowed In Loss To Nets - Westchester Knicks
- Go-Go Race Past Mad Ants in Home Finale - Capital City Go-Go
- Reed's 21 Points in D.C. Not Enough for Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- BayHawks Waive C.J. Anderson - Erie BayHawks
- Clippers Stay Hot, Come from Behind to Beat Legends - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Lose 111-107 to Austin Spurs at Kaiser Permanente Arena - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Legends Strike from Outside, Cut Short by Clippers - Texas Legends
- Suns' Bench Provides Lift, Not Enough in Loss to Swarm - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Westchester Knicks Stories
- Knicks Receive Returning Rights to JJ Moore for Paul Watson
- Watson Leads G League Elite in Scoring in Four-Game Tourney
- Watson Named to USA's Elite Team for G League International Challenge
- Knicks Trade Returning Rights, Draft Pick for Andrew White III
- Westchester Knicks Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule