Reed's 21 Points in D.C. Not Enough for Fort Wayne
Washington D.C. - The Capital City Go-Go defeated the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, 121-103, at the DC Entertainment and Sports Arena on Saturday afternoon.
Indiana Pacers two-way guard Davon Reed led the Mad Ants (21-26) with 21 points and four rebounds in Fort Wayne's second game in three days at Capital City.
Pacers assignees Edmond Sumner finished with 20 points and three assists, while Alize Johnson grabbed a game-high 16 rebounds to go with eight points.
Jared Sam and Demetrius Denzel-Dyson chipped in 12 and 10 points each for Fort Wayne off the bench.
Fort Wayne scored the first four points of the game, which would end up as its largest lead on the afternoon. Capital City (24-24) would go on to outscore the Mad Ants 37-18 throughout the rest of the first quarter on the way to its second win in three games.
Jordan McRae and Chris Chiozza added 22 and 21 points each to lead Capital City. Chiozza dished out eight of Capital City's 24 assists.
Noah Allen controlled the glass with 10 rebounds to go along with 12 points for a double-double. Pe'Shon Howard knocked down six 3-point shots to finish with 20 points off the bench.
The Go-Go outscored Fort Wayne 21-3 in transition points.
With the loss, Fort Wayne is eliminated from playoff contention.
Fort Wayne will host Wisconsin on Tuesday, while Capital City will head west to take on Santa Cruz on Wednesday night.
Tickets are available for Tuesday's home game by visiting ftwaynemadants.com or calling 260-469-4667.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 16, 2019
- Blue Coats Closed out by Raptors 905 - Delaware Blue Coats
- Iowa Takes Care of Business in Home Finale against Wisconsin - Iowa Wolves
- South Bay Boots Austin Back to Texas in Home Win - South Bay Lakers
- Long Island Defeats Westchester to Clinch Atlantic Division - Long Island Nets
- Charge Ground BayHawks in Front of Capacity Crowd - Canton Charge
- Warney's Double-Double Overshadowed In Loss To Nets - Westchester Knicks
- Go-Go Race Past Mad Ants in Home Finale - Capital City Go-Go
- Reed's 21 Points in D.C. Not Enough for Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- BayHawks Waive C.J. Anderson - Erie BayHawks
- Clippers Stay Hot, Come from Behind to Beat Legends - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Lose 111-107 to Austin Spurs at Kaiser Permanente Arena - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Legends Strike from Outside, Cut Short by Clippers - Texas Legends
- Suns' Bench Provides Lift, Not Enough in Loss to Swarm - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Mad Ants Stories
- "Madame Ants" Change Name to "Mad Dancerz"
- Mad Ants Finalize 2019-20 Basketball Operations and Front Office Personnel
- Mad Ants Host Open Tryouts in Fort Wayne Tomorrow
- Mad Ants Host Open Tryouts in Fort Wayne on Saturday
- Mad Ants Acquire Amida Brimah from Austin