Iowa Takes Care of Business in Home Finale against Wisconsin
Des Moines, Iowa - The Iowa Wolves (19-29) defeated the Wisconsin Herd (12-35) 123-116 at Wells Fargo Arena Saturday night, capping off the season by winning their final two home games.
The Wolves trailed by as many as 15 points in the second quarter against the Herd but outscored the opposition 90-63 in the final 32 minutes of regulation.
Brandon Goodwin led all scorers on the evening, posting a game-high 28 points, nine rebounds and team-high six assists. The Denver Nuggets two-way guard has now posted 20-plus point games in five of his last six outings.
Marquise Moore finished a rebound shy of securing a double-double. The George Mason product tallied 20 points and nine rebounds in the win.
Offensively, Iowa shot 51.1% (47-of-92) from the field and 79.2% (19-of-24) from the line in the win.
The Wolves also held the margin in second-chance points over the Herd, 21-15.
C.J. Williams posted 22 points as a starter for the Wolves, converting a team-high four three-pointers.
Jaylen Johnson added 18 points off the bench, shooting an efficient 8-of-11 from the field.
Michael Qualls paced Wisconsin with a team-high 22 points and 13 rebounds, collecting his seventh double-double of the season. Two-way guard Trevon Duval added 17 points for the Herd.
Iowa will turn to the road for its final two games of the regular season, beginning with a matchup against the Northern Arizona Suns on Tuesday, March 19 at 7:30 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 16, 2019
- Blue Coats Closed out by Raptors 905 - Delaware Blue Coats
- Iowa Takes Care of Business in Home Finale against Wisconsin - Iowa Wolves
- South Bay Boots Austin Back to Texas in Home Win - South Bay Lakers
- Long Island Defeats Westchester to Clinch Atlantic Division - Long Island Nets
- Charge Ground BayHawks in Front of Capacity Crowd - Canton Charge
- Warney's Double-Double Overshadowed In Loss To Nets - Westchester Knicks
- Go-Go Race Past Mad Ants in Home Finale - Capital City Go-Go
- Reed's 21 Points in D.C. Not Enough for Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- BayHawks Waive C.J. Anderson - Erie BayHawks
- Clippers Stay Hot, Come from Behind to Beat Legends - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Lose 111-107 to Austin Spurs at Kaiser Permanente Arena - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Legends Strike from Outside, Cut Short by Clippers - Texas Legends
- Suns' Bench Provides Lift, Not Enough in Loss to Swarm - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Iowa Unable to Complete Comeback in Season Finale
- Wolves Lock Down in Fourth Quarter to Secure Win over Suns
- Iowa Takes Care of Business in Home Finale against Wisconsin
- Wolves Take Down Spurs in Come-From-Behind Victory
- Road Woes Continue for Iowa in Loss to Long Island