Clippers Stay Hot, Come from Behind to Beat Legends
FRISCO, TX - The Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario (25-21) win their ninth game in their last 11 contests, taking down the Texas Legends (15-32), 125-119, on Friday night.
After a tight contest with 11 lead changes, Agua Caliente found themselves down by as much as 11 halfway through the fourth quarter, but a 20-8 run put them back on top for good. Manu Lecomte capped off the Clipper comeback with a reverse layup to give his team a 118-117 lead with 1:29 to go and they would not look back. Lecomte finished the game with a 15 point, 10 assist double-double.
Agua Caliente's two-way bigs dominated the point tonight. Johnathan Motley led the way with a double-double of 28 points and 10 rebounds while Angel Delgado, with a double-double of his own, scored 27 points to go along with 17 rebounds.
Xavier Rathan-Mayes led the game with 29 points on 12-of-23 shooting for Texas. Two-way big Kostas Antetokounmpo added 17 points and three blocked shots.
With four games left on their schedule, the Clippers remain seventh in the Western Conference, half a game behind both the Salt Lake City Stars and Memphis Hustle who hold the last two playoff spots.
The Clippers hope to continue their winning ways on Saturday as they face Texas once again on the tail end of a back-to-back. The game tips off at 5:30 p.m. inside the Comerica Center in Frisco, Texas.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 16, 2019
- Blue Coats Closed out by Raptors 905 - Delaware Blue Coats
- Iowa Takes Care of Business in Home Finale against Wisconsin - Iowa Wolves
- South Bay Boots Austin Back to Texas in Home Win - South Bay Lakers
- Long Island Defeats Westchester to Clinch Atlantic Division - Long Island Nets
- Charge Ground BayHawks in Front of Capacity Crowd - Canton Charge
- Warney's Double-Double Overshadowed In Loss To Nets - Westchester Knicks
- Go-Go Race Past Mad Ants in Home Finale - Capital City Go-Go
- Reed's 21 Points in D.C. Not Enough for Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- BayHawks Waive C.J. Anderson - Erie BayHawks
- Clippers Stay Hot, Come from Behind to Beat Legends - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Lose 111-107 to Austin Spurs at Kaiser Permanente Arena - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Legends Strike from Outside, Cut Short by Clippers - Texas Legends
- Suns' Bench Provides Lift, Not Enough in Loss to Swarm - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Agua Caliente Clippers Stories
- Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario Announce Open Tryouts
- Agua Caliente Clippers' Angel Delgado & Johnathan Motley Earn All-G League Honors
- Agua Caliente Clippers' Angel Delgado Named 2018-19 NBA G League Rookie of the Year
- Last Second Shot Eliminates Clips from Playoff Contention
- Win over Swarm Bolsters Clips Playoff Hopes