Voting Opens Today for 2023 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target
ATLANTA - Major League Soccer today opened the voting process for the 2023 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target, which includes participation by players, fans, and media. The 2023 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target will feature the MLS All-Stars taking on Arsenal FC at Audi Field, home of D.C. United, on July 19.
The following Atlanta United players are eligible to be selected:
Thiago Almada Attacking Midfielder
Juan Jose Purata Center Back
Miles Robinson Center Back
Franco Ibarra Defensive Midfielder
Amar Sejdic Defensive Midfielder
Matheus Rossetto Defensive Midfielder
Santiago Sosa Defensive Midfielder
Luiz Araújo Forward/Winger
Giorgos Giakoumakis Forward/Winger
Miguel Berry Forward/Winger
Machop Chol Forward/Winger
Derrick Etienne Jr. Forward/Winger
Brad Guzan Goalkeeper
Caleb Wiley Left Back
Andrew Gutman Left Back
Brooks Lennon Right Back
As part of the voting process, MLS reviewed performance metrics from the current season to categorize players in the positions where they are most utilized. Players will be selected in seven specific positions: goalkeeper, right back, center back, left back, defensive midfielder, attacking midfielder, and forward/winger.
Of the 26 MLS players to be selected for the All-Star Game, the breakdown is as follows:
12 players will be determined by a vote of MLS players, fans, and media. Each of the three voting groups will represent one-third of the combined vote.
12 players will be selected by MLS All-Star head coach Wayne Rooney of the host team, D.C. United.
Two players will be selected by MLS Commissioner Don Garber.
Players, fans and media will cast their votes for 11 players in a 4-1-2-3 formation: one goalkeeper, one right back, two center backs, one left back, one defensive midfielder, two attacking midfielders and three forwards/wingers. The top players from each position from the combined vote will be named All-Stars. The 12th player selected will be the one who received the next-highest total of overall votes.
To qualify for the ballot, players must have appeared in at least 50 percent of his club's matches this season at the time the ballot was created on May 18. Players who did not qualify for the ballot are still eligible for selection by MLS All-Star head coach Wayne Rooney or Commissioner Garber.
Fan voting opens today, Wednesday, May 31, at 12 p.m. ET and will close at 11:59 p.m. PT on Wednesday, June 14. All fans can vote on MLSsoccer.com/all-star/2023/vote/fan-vote or via the MLS App, and every fan has the unique opportunity to share their picks on social media.
Every player from each of the 29 MLS clubs will receive a unique link to vote for their peers. Approximately 500 members of the media who regularly cover MLS will also make their selections to represent MLS.
The MLS All-Star Game presented by Target and MLS All-Star Skills Challenge presented by AT&T 5G at Audi Field will be available to watch in more than 100 countries and regions in English, Spanish, and French on MLS Season Pass on the Apple TV app. Fans can subscribe to MLS Season Pass now through the Apple TV app on Apple devices, smart TVs, streaming devices, set-top boxes, game consoles, and the web at tv.apple.com.
Tickets for the MLS All-Star Game presented by Target are on sale at MLSSoccer.com/All-Star.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 31, 2023
- FC Cincinnati Finish May Undefeated with 3-1 Road Win at NYCFC - FC Cincinnati
- Driussi Returns to Score Late Winner as Austin FC Defeats Minnesota United - Austin FC
- Rapids Unable to Complete Rally, Fall 3-2 on the Road to Columbus Crew - Colorado Rapids
- CF Montréal Draws D.C. United, 2-2 - Club de Foot Montreal
- New England Revolution Battle Atlanta United to 3-3 Draw - New England Revolution
- Chicago Fire FC Ties Toronto FC 0-0 at BMO Field - Chicago Fire FC
- Atlanta United Plays to 3-3 Draw vs. New England Revolution - Atlanta United FC
- Blake Earns Fifth Clean Sheet of the Season; Union Unbeaten in Eight MLS Matches - Philadelphia Union
- Full Time: Charlotte FC Falls Just Short in 1-0 Loss to Philadelphia Union - Charlotte FC
- NYCFC lose, 1-3, to FC Cincinnati - New York City FC
- FC Dallas Recalls Defender Collin Smith from Loan with Birmingham Legion FC - FC Dallas
- LAFC to Take on Club León in the First Leg of the CONCACAF Champions League Final Tonight at 7 PM PT at Estadio León - Los Angeles FC
- Voting for the 2023 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target Is Now Open - Nashville SC
- LA Galaxy Face off against Real Salt Lake at America First Field Tonight, Wednesday, May 31 - LA Galaxy
- Sounders FC Hosts the San Jose Earthquakes Wednesday Night at Lumen Field - Seattle Sounders FC
- Expected Goals: Upcoming Milestones for Matchday 16 - MLS
- Nashville Soccer Club Releases The Man in Black Collector's Box - Nashville SC
- Rapids at Columbus Crew Preview - Colorado Rapids
- Voting Opens Today for 2023 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - New England Revolution
- Voting Opens Today for 2023 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - Atlanta United FC
- Voting Opens Today for 2023 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - MLS
- Injury Report: Three Absent vs. FC Cincinnati - New York City FC
- Bmo and CF Montréal Introduce a Women's Program to Club's Academy - Club de Foot Montreal
- Carrie Underwood to Open for Guns N' Roses at GEODIS Park on August 26 - Nashville SC
- Keys to the Match: Back in the BX - New York City FC
- Whitecaps FC Host Third Annual Indigenous Peoples Celebration - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- CF Montréal in Washington D.C. Tonight - Club de Foot Montreal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Atlanta United Re-Signs Efraín Morales
- Thiago Almada, Giorgos Giakoumakis Named to 2023 MLS Best XI Presented by Continental Tire
- Atlanta United Announces Year-End Roster Moves
- Four Atlanta United Players Receive National Team Call-Ups for November FIFA Window
- Atlanta United's Playoff Run Comes to an End, Falls 4-2 to Columbus Crew