Voting for the 2023 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target Is Now Open
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Nashville Soccer Club in conjunction with Major League Soccer announced today that the voting process for the 2023 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target is now open through 1:59 a.m. CT on Thursday, June 15. The 2023 ASG presented by Target will feature the MLS All-Stars taking on English Premier League power Arsenal FC at Audi Field in Washington D.C. on July 19.
This summer will mark the third MLS All-Star Game for which Nashville SC has had players eligible to participate after the event was cancelled in the club's inaugural season in 2020 due to the Covid-19 Pandemic.
Designated Player Walker Zimmerman has represented Nashville SC in 2021 and 2022, while reigning Landon Donovan MLS MVP Hany Mukhtar was selected last year and won the skills challenge for team MLS to defeat Liga MX All-Stars.
MLS reviewed performance metrics from the current season to categorize players in the positions where they are most utilized as part of the voting process. To qualify for the ballot, players must have appeared in at least 50 percent of his club's matches this season at the time the ballot was created on May 18. Players who did not qualify for the ballot are still eligible for selection by MLS All-Star Head Coach Wayne Rooney or Commissioner Don Garber.
A list of Nashville SC players eligible on the 2023 MLS All-Star Game ballot are listed below:
Teal Bunbury Forward/Winger
Sean Davis Defensive Midfielder
Aníbal Godoy Defensive Midfielder
Ján Greguš Defensive Midfielder
Daniel Lovitz Left Back
Jack Maher Center Back
Dax McCarty Defensive Midfielder
Alex Muyl Attacking Midfielder
Shaq Moore Right Back
Hany Mukhtar Attacking Midfielder
Fafà Picault Forward / Winger
Jacob Shaffelburg Forward / Winger
Taylor Washington Left Back
Joe Willis Goalkeeper
Walker Zimmerman Center Back
Of the 26 MLS players to be selected for the All-Star Game, the breakdown is as follows:
12 players will be determined by a vote of MLS players, fans, and media. Each of the three voting groups will represent one-third of the combined vote.
12 players will be selected by MLS All-Star head coach Wayne Rooney of the host team, D.C. United.
Two players will be selected by MLS Commissioner Don Garber.
Players, fans and media will cast their votes for 11 players in a 4-1-2-3 formation: one goalkeeper, one right back, two center backs, one left back, one defensive midfielder, two attacking midfielders and three forwards/wingers. The top players from each position from the combined vote will be named All-Stars. The 12th player selected will be the one who received the next-highest total of overall votes.
Fan voting opens today, Wednesday, May 31, at 11 a.m. CT and will close at 1:59 a.m. CT on Thursday, June 15. All fans can vote on MLSsoccer.com/all-star/2023/vote/fan-vote via the MLS App, and every fan has the unique opportunity to share their picks on social media.
The MLS All-Star Game presented by Target and MLS All-Star Skills Challenge presented by AT&T 5G at Audi Field will be available to watch in more than 100 countries and regions in English, Spanish, and French on MLS Season Pass on the Apple TV app.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 31, 2023
- FC Cincinnati Finish May Undefeated with 3-1 Road Win at NYCFC - FC Cincinnati
- Driussi Returns to Score Late Winner as Austin FC Defeats Minnesota United - Austin FC
- Rapids Unable to Complete Rally, Fall 3-2 on the Road to Columbus Crew - Colorado Rapids
- CF Montréal Draws D.C. United, 2-2 - Club de Foot Montreal
- New England Revolution Battle Atlanta United to 3-3 Draw - New England Revolution
- Chicago Fire FC Ties Toronto FC 0-0 at BMO Field - Chicago Fire FC
- Atlanta United Plays to 3-3 Draw vs. New England Revolution - Atlanta United FC
- Blake Earns Fifth Clean Sheet of the Season; Union Unbeaten in Eight MLS Matches - Philadelphia Union
- Full Time: Charlotte FC Falls Just Short in 1-0 Loss to Philadelphia Union - Charlotte FC
- NYCFC lose, 1-3, to FC Cincinnati - New York City FC
- FC Dallas Recalls Defender Collin Smith from Loan with Birmingham Legion FC - FC Dallas
- LAFC to Take on Club León in the First Leg of the CONCACAF Champions League Final Tonight at 7 PM PT at Estadio León - Los Angeles FC
- Voting for the 2023 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target Is Now Open - Nashville SC
- LA Galaxy Face off against Real Salt Lake at America First Field Tonight, Wednesday, May 31 - LA Galaxy
- Sounders FC Hosts the San Jose Earthquakes Wednesday Night at Lumen Field - Seattle Sounders FC
- Expected Goals: Upcoming Milestones for Matchday 16 - MLS
- Nashville Soccer Club Releases The Man in Black Collector's Box - Nashville SC
- Rapids at Columbus Crew Preview - Colorado Rapids
- Voting Opens Today for 2023 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - New England Revolution
- Voting Opens Today for 2023 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - Atlanta United FC
- Voting Opens Today for 2023 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - MLS
- Injury Report: Three Absent vs. FC Cincinnati - New York City FC
- Bmo and CF Montréal Introduce a Women's Program to Club's Academy - Club de Foot Montreal
- Carrie Underwood to Open for Guns N' Roses at GEODIS Park on August 26 - Nashville SC
- Keys to the Match: Back in the BX - New York City FC
- Whitecaps FC Host Third Annual Indigenous Peoples Celebration - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- CF Montréal in Washington D.C. Tonight - Club de Foot Montreal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Nashville SC Earns Fourth Consecutive Result in 1-1 Draw at Colorado Rapids
- Nashville SC Travels to Colorado Rapids for First Western Conference Matchup of the Season
- Nashville SC Faces First MLS Road Test of 2024 Saturday at Colorado Rapids
- Nashville SC to Face Inter Miami CF in Concacaf Champions Cup Round of 16 After 4-0 Win Over Moca FC
- Nashville SC to Host First-Ever Concacaf Champions Cup Match at GEODIS Park