Voting Opens Today for 2023 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target
NEW YORK - Major League Soccer today opened the voting process for the 2023 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target, which includes participation by players, fans, and media. The 2023 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target will feature the MLS All-Stars taking on Arsenal FC, the renowned 13-time English league champions, at Audi Field, home of D.C. United.
There are 19 New England Revolution players eligible on the voting ballot for the 2023 MLS All-Star Game. To qualify for the ballot, players must have appeared in at least 50 percent of league matches this season at the time the ballot was created on May 18. Players who did not qualify for the ballot are still eligible for selection by MLS All-Star head coach Wayne Rooney or Commissioner Garber.
The list of Revolution players on the voting ballot includes four former MLS All-Stars with six selections among them: attacking midfielder Carles Gil (2021 and 2022), center back Andrew Farrell (2016), forward Gustavo Bou (2021), and forward Jozy Altidore (2015 and 2017). Several regular Revolution starters are in contention for their first MLS All-Star selections include goalkeeper Djordje Petrović, center back Dave Romney, right back Brandon Bye, left back DeJuan Jones, defensive midfielders Matt Polster, Noel Buck, and Latif Blessing, and forwards Bobby Wood and Emmanuel Boateng.
Fan voting opens today, Wednesday, May 31, at 12 p.m. ET and will close at 11:59 p.m. PT on Wednesday, June 14. All fans can vote on MLSsoccer.com/all-star/2023/vote/fan-vote or via the MLS App, and every fan has the unique opportunity to share their picks on social media.
Of the 26 MLS players to be selected for the All-Star Game, the breakdown is as follows:
12 players will be determined by a vote of MLS players, fans, and media. Each of the three voting groups will represent one-third of the combined vote.
12 players will be selected by MLS All-Star head coach Wayne Rooney of the host team, D.C. United.
Two players will be selected by MLS Commissioner Don Garber.
Players, fans and media will cast their votes for 11 players in a 4-1-2-3 formation: one goalkeeper, one right back, two center backs, one left back, one defensive midfielder, two attacking midfielders and three forwards/wingers. MLS reviewed performance metrics from the current season to categorize players in the positions where they are most utilized. The top players from each position from the combined vote will be named All-Stars. The 12th player selected will be the one who received the next-highest total of overall votes.
Every player from each of the 29 MLS clubs will receive a unique link to vote for their peers. Approximately 500 members of the media who regularly cover MLS will also make their selections to represent MLS.
The MLS All-Star Game presented by Target and MLS All-Star Skills Challenge presented by AT&T 5G at Audi Field will be available to watch in more than 100 countries and regions in English, Spanish, and French on MLS Season Pass on the Apple TV app. Fans can subscribe to MLS Season Pass now through the Apple TV app on Apple devices, smart TVs, streaming devices, set-top boxes, game consoles, and the web at tv.apple.com.
Tickets for the MLS All-Star Game presented by Target are on sale at MLSSoccer.com/All-Star.
New England Revolution Players on 2023 MLS All-Star Voting Ballot
Player Name Position on Ballot
Jozy Altidore Forward/Winger
Esmir Bajraktarevic Forward/Winger
Latif Blessing Defensive Midfielder
Emmanuel Boateng Forward/Winger
Dylan Borrero Forward/Winger
Gustavo Bou Forward/Winger
Noel Buck Defensive Midfielder
Brandon Bye Right Back
Andrew Farrell Center Back
Carles Gil Attacking Midfielder
DeJuan Jones Left Back
Henry Kessler Center Back
Djordje Petrovic Goalkeeper
Matt Polster Defensive Midfielder
Justin Rennicks Forward/Winger
Dave Romney Center Back
Ben Sweat Left Back
Giacomo Vrioni Forward/Winger
Bobby Wood Forward Winger
*Players must have appeared in at least 50% of regular season games as of May 18 to be eligible on the voting ballot
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 31, 2023
- FC Cincinnati Finish May Undefeated with 3-1 Road Win at NYCFC - FC Cincinnati
- Driussi Returns to Score Late Winner as Austin FC Defeats Minnesota United - Austin FC
- Rapids Unable to Complete Rally, Fall 3-2 on the Road to Columbus Crew - Colorado Rapids
- CF Montréal Draws D.C. United, 2-2 - Club de Foot Montreal
- New England Revolution Battle Atlanta United to 3-3 Draw - New England Revolution
- Chicago Fire FC Ties Toronto FC 0-0 at BMO Field - Chicago Fire FC
- Atlanta United Plays to 3-3 Draw vs. New England Revolution - Atlanta United FC
- Blake Earns Fifth Clean Sheet of the Season; Union Unbeaten in Eight MLS Matches - Philadelphia Union
- Full Time: Charlotte FC Falls Just Short in 1-0 Loss to Philadelphia Union - Charlotte FC
- NYCFC lose, 1-3, to FC Cincinnati - New York City FC
- FC Dallas Recalls Defender Collin Smith from Loan with Birmingham Legion FC - FC Dallas
- LAFC to Take on Club León in the First Leg of the CONCACAF Champions League Final Tonight at 7 PM PT at Estadio León - Los Angeles FC
- Voting for the 2023 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target Is Now Open - Nashville SC
- LA Galaxy Face off against Real Salt Lake at America First Field Tonight, Wednesday, May 31 - LA Galaxy
- Sounders FC Hosts the San Jose Earthquakes Wednesday Night at Lumen Field - Seattle Sounders FC
- Expected Goals: Upcoming Milestones for Matchday 16 - MLS
- Nashville Soccer Club Releases The Man in Black Collector's Box - Nashville SC
- Rapids at Columbus Crew Preview - Colorado Rapids
- Voting Opens Today for 2023 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - New England Revolution
- Voting Opens Today for 2023 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - Atlanta United FC
- Voting Opens Today for 2023 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - MLS
- Injury Report: Three Absent vs. FC Cincinnati - New York City FC
- Bmo and CF Montréal Introduce a Women's Program to Club's Academy - Club de Foot Montreal
- Carrie Underwood to Open for Guns N' Roses at GEODIS Park on August 26 - Nashville SC
- Keys to the Match: Back in the BX - New York City FC
- Whitecaps FC Host Third Annual Indigenous Peoples Celebration - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- CF Montréal in Washington D.C. Tonight - Club de Foot Montreal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Revolution Secure Playoff Berth with 2-2 Draw at Chicago Fire FC
- MATCH Preview: Revolution Visit Chicago Fire FC on Saturday Night
- New England Revolution Academy Highlights: September 21, 2023
- New England Revolution Hire Tab Ramos as Assistant Coach
- New England Revolution Fall to Colorado Rapids, 2-1