CF Montréal in Washington D.C. Tonight
WASHINGTON, D.C. - CF Montréal begins a two-game road trip in MLS this evening as the Club gets set to take on D.C. United at 7:30pm at Audi Field (Apple MLS Season Pass, RDS, TSN, BPM Sports, TSN 690).
After shutting out Miami 1-0 at Stade Saputo last weekend, Montreal will meet Wayne Rooney's side, the only squad to have bested CFMTL at Stade Saputo in 2023. On April 15, D.C. United handed the Montrealers their lone home defeat, courtesy of Lewis O'Brien, who scored 11 seconds into the second half.
The Bleu-blanc-noir have a 9-9-8 overall record against D.C., with 27 goals scored and 33 conceded. In their most recent visit to Audi Field on July 23, the Montrealers triumphed 2-1 thanks to a brace from Romell Quioto.
Meanwhile, D.C. United has won three of its last four home matches (all competitions) by clean sheet.
Montreal's main defensive challenge will be to neutralize Belgian striker Christian Benteke, who has found the back of the net in back-to-back games. This is the third time this season that Benteke has scored in consecutive matches. He still leads D.C. with seven goals in 14 games.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 31, 2023
- FC Cincinnati Finish May Undefeated with 3-1 Road Win at NYCFC - FC Cincinnati
- Driussi Returns to Score Late Winner as Austin FC Defeats Minnesota United - Austin FC
- Rapids Unable to Complete Rally, Fall 3-2 on the Road to Columbus Crew - Colorado Rapids
- CF Montréal Draws D.C. United, 2-2 - Club de Foot Montreal
- New England Revolution Battle Atlanta United to 3-3 Draw - New England Revolution
- Chicago Fire FC Ties Toronto FC 0-0 at BMO Field - Chicago Fire FC
- Atlanta United Plays to 3-3 Draw vs. New England Revolution - Atlanta United FC
- Blake Earns Fifth Clean Sheet of the Season; Union Unbeaten in Eight MLS Matches - Philadelphia Union
- Full Time: Charlotte FC Falls Just Short in 1-0 Loss to Philadelphia Union - Charlotte FC
- NYCFC lose, 1-3, to FC Cincinnati - New York City FC
- FC Dallas Recalls Defender Collin Smith from Loan with Birmingham Legion FC - FC Dallas
- LAFC to Take on Club León in the First Leg of the CONCACAF Champions League Final Tonight at 7 PM PT at Estadio León - Los Angeles FC
- Voting for the 2023 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target Is Now Open - Nashville SC
- LA Galaxy Face off against Real Salt Lake at America First Field Tonight, Wednesday, May 31 - LA Galaxy
- Sounders FC Hosts the San Jose Earthquakes Wednesday Night at Lumen Field - Seattle Sounders FC
- Expected Goals: Upcoming Milestones for Matchday 16 - MLS
- Nashville Soccer Club Releases The Man in Black Collector's Box - Nashville SC
- Rapids at Columbus Crew Preview - Colorado Rapids
- Voting Opens Today for 2023 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - New England Revolution
- Voting Opens Today for 2023 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - Atlanta United FC
- Voting Opens Today for 2023 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - MLS
- Injury Report: Three Absent vs. FC Cincinnati - New York City FC
- Bmo and CF Montréal Introduce a Women's Program to Club's Academy - Club de Foot Montreal
- Carrie Underwood to Open for Guns N' Roses at GEODIS Park on August 26 - Nashville SC
- Keys to the Match: Back in the BX - New York City FC
- Whitecaps FC Host Third Annual Indigenous Peoples Celebration - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- CF Montréal in Washington D.C. Tonight - Club de Foot Montreal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Club de Foot Montreal Stories
- The Montreal Impact Foundation Launches Second Phase of Its Multisport Mini-Field Project
- CS Roussillon Joins CF Montréal's Scouting and Development Centre
- Five CF Montréal Academy Women's Program Players Called up by Canada's U17 Team
- George Campbell Called up by U23 United States National Team
- CF Montréal Parts Ways with Hernán Losada