Vipers assigned Central Florida defensive lineman Frisner Nelson
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - The Tennessee Valley Vipers' defensive line will have a new look when it lines up against the Everett Hawks on Saturday night in Washington.
Former Central Florida standout defensive lineman Frisner Nelson has been assigned to the team by arenafootball2 and will start at noseguard when Tennessee Valley (5-7) and the Hawks (3-9) kick off at 9:30 p.m. in the Everett Events Center.
In addition, the Vipers have reassigned fullback/linebacker Victor Horn and international wide receiver/defensive back Ric Hennessy.
"Nelson is a strong, talented player from a solid college program,'' Vipers assistant coach John Noel said. "He gives us a big guy in the middle that can pressure the pocket."
Nelson (6-foot-2, 305 pounds) finished with 31 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 5.5 tackles for loss and one interception in 13 games for the Golden Knights as a senior in 2005. He played in 45 career games at Central Florida from 2002-05, totaling 101 tackles, 7.5 sacks and 17 tackles for loss.
Horn had a nine-game total of 15 tackles, eight pass breakups and five quarterback hurries with a sack and an interception for Tennessee Valley, while Hennessy had five tackles in six games.
Furthermore: Tennessee Valley returns home July 14 to host Fort Wayne on AUSA Military Appreciation Night. The first 1,000 adults will receive Military Night t-shirts and the first 2,000 fans will receive set No. 6 of Vipers trading cards compliments of Chick-Fil-A. Kickoff at the Von Braun Center is set for 7:30 p.m. and the Vipers also will be wearing special military jerseys that will be auctioned off after the game.
In The Game: Episode No. 10 of "In the Game: The Story of the Tennessee Valley Vipers" will air Sunday at 10 p.m. on Fox 54. The show is an inside look at the Vipers told by the coaches, players and staff and is sponsored by Infiniti Huntsville and produced by DreamMaker Entertainment.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from July 5, 2007
- Dine with the Copperheads - Texas Copperheads
- Four AFL contests to feature 43 players with previous af2 experience - af2
- Less Than 1000 Tickets Remain for Firecats Final Home Game - Florida Firecats
- Week Fifteen: Friday Night Matchup - af2
- "Three-Alarm Threat" to silence Thunder - Louisville Fire
- Fire Game Notes - Louisville Fire
- af2 Week Fifteen: Quick Hitters - af2
- Blitz Bring in Reinforcements - Bakersfield Blitz
- Burn Celebrate 7/7/07 - Boise Burn
- Yard Dawgz Game Preview - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Yard Dawgz Welcome Back af2 Veteran - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- "NFL Night" Is Coming To Stockton Arena - Stockton Lightning
- Former Fire QB Announced AFL Co-Rookie of the Year - Louisville Fire
- Fusion Prepares for Pioneers with $7 tickets - Fort Wayne Fusion
- Vipers assigned Central Florida defensive lineman Frisner Nelson - Alabama Vipers
- Jungle Kats Look to Tame Wolves Saturday Night - Cincinnati Jungle Kats
- Florida Firecats game notes - Florida Firecats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.