Alabama Holds on for 55-52 Victory over Dallas before 5,260 at VBC
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alabama got a game-winning 26-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Kevin Eakin to Michael Johnson with just over two minutes to play and then held on when Mark Lewis missed a 24-yard goal as time expired to seal a 55-52 victory over Dallas before 5,260 fans at the Von Braun Center.
The Vipers improved to 6-5 on the season, while Vigilantes fell to 1-9.
Eakin completed 21-of-31 passes for 264 yards and seven touchdowns and Johnson finished the evening with 117 yards on seven receptions and three receiving touchdowns. Larry Shipp also had a huge game for the Vipers with nine receptions for 113 yards and three touchdowns.
Dallas hung in the game till the very end despite losing starting quarterback Collin Drafts to injury late in the second quarter. Backup quarterback BJ Hall more than held his own by completing 16-of-31 attempts for 155 yards and three touchdowns, as well as 42 yards rushing on three attempts and a five-yard touchdown scamper.
Kenny Henderson was the go-to guy for Dallas, compiling 110 yards receiving on nine receptions and three more touchdowns.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from June 20, 2010
- Alabama Holds on for 55-52 Victory over Dallas before 5,260 at VBC - Alabama Vipers
- Storm Extinquish Blaze in Sixth Consecutive Loss, 65-40 - Utah Blaze
- Release - Storm Extinguish Blaze, 65-40 - Tampa Bay Storm
- Rattlers Stomp Battlewings on First Ever Latino Night - Arizona Rattlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.