Fusion Prepares for Pioneers with $7 tickets
The Fort Wayne Fusion has announced that they will be extending a special ticket price for this Saturday's game against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers: $7 for any seat in the house. Tickets can be purchased at the Memorial Coliseum box office beginning at 10:00am on Friday, July 6th. Fans can choose any seat in any section they like for only $7.00 per ticket.
"This is a very unique opportunity we have," said General Manager Mike McCaffrey. "The date is going to be 7/7/07, and that's a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence. All those, 7's, it just seemed like a no-brainer. Plus, with the #1 team in the league coming in, we'll need all the help we can get from our fans."
The Fusion currently sits at 5-8, and likely needs to win their final 3 games to remain in playoff contention, including Saturday's home finale against the undefeated Pioneers. The Fusion is no stranger to facing good teams at home, having already posted victories over two of the league's premier teams on Ford Fusion Field at Memorial Coliseum this year, the defending American Conference Champion Green Bay Blizzard and the reigning af2 Champion Spokane Shock. Those wins, however, came in the first month of the season, when teams were still coming together. With a home record of 4-3, the Fusion has played better at home than on the road.
"[The Pioneers] are the best team in the league, no question," said Assistant General Manager Elvis Ahlborn. "12-0 is no joke, these guys are for real. If you have to play them - and we do - it's always better to get them on your home turf, so maybe the fans can give you an edge. The fans have helped us out a lot this season, so hopefully with the special date and the fact that it's the last home game of the year we can get plenty of people in here to make it as difficult as possible for the Pioneers to do what they do."
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from July 5, 2007
- Dine with the Copperheads - Texas Copperheads
- Four AFL contests to feature 43 players with previous af2 experience - af2
- Less Than 1000 Tickets Remain for Firecats Final Home Game - Florida Firecats
- Week Fifteen: Friday Night Matchup - af2
- "Three-Alarm Threat" to silence Thunder - Louisville Fire
- Fire Game Notes - Louisville Fire
- af2 Week Fifteen: Quick Hitters - af2
- Blitz Bring in Reinforcements - Bakersfield Blitz
- Burn Celebrate 7/7/07 - Boise Burn
- Yard Dawgz Game Preview - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Yard Dawgz Welcome Back af2 Veteran - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- "NFL Night" Is Coming To Stockton Arena - Stockton Lightning
- Former Fire QB Announced AFL Co-Rookie of the Year - Louisville Fire
- Fusion Prepares for Pioneers with $7 tickets - Fort Wayne Fusion
- Vipers assigned Central Florida defensive lineman Frisner Nelson - Alabama Vipers
- Jungle Kats Look to Tame Wolves Saturday Night - Cincinnati Jungle Kats
- Florida Firecats game notes - Florida Firecats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.