Fusion Defeats Jungle Kats 47-25
The Fort Wayne defeated the Cincinnati Jungle Kats 47-25 in front of 3,828 fans on Ford Fusion Field at Memorial Coliseum on Saturday night. The win avenged a loss earlier this season to the Jungle Kats, who notched their only win of the season over the Fusion when the Midwest Division rivals met in Cincinnati on May 5th.
Fusion QB Blayne Baggett started the game, but after going only 4-11 in the first quarter and throwing an INT in the 2nd quarter, he was temporarily replaced by backup QB Joe Micco. Micco played solid, completing 3-of-7 passes with 1 TD. Fusion Head Coach "Touchdown" Eddie Brown put Baggett back in the game late in the 3rd quarter, and he finished the night 12-for-27 with 5 TDs and 1 INT.
Fusion WR Cesare Manning was on fire during the game, ending the night with 5 receptions for 99 yards and 3 TDs on his way to Schutt Offensive Player of the Game honors. The Fusion also had TDs by WR Jonathan Graham and FB/LB Joey Johnsonbaugh, as well as a 46-yard field goal from K Kyle Hooper, who was a perfect 6-for-6 on PATs.
Cincinnati QB Patrick Josten was 19-of-45 for 206 yards with 3 TDs and 2 INTs for the night. Jungle Kats WR Derrin Graham had 2 TDs and 87 yards against the Fusion, and WR/DB LeJuan Edwards had Cincinnati's other touchdown. The loss puts Cincinnati at 1-12 on the season, with seven straight games without a victory.
Next week, the 5-8 Fusion hosts the undefeated 12-0 Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers, and the Jungle Kats will host the Manchester Wolves.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from June 30, 2007
- Fusion Defeats Jungle Kats 47-25 - Fort Wayne Fusion
- Burn can't break Fever, lose 55-42 - Boise Burn
- Yard Dawgz defeated for second time by Florida Firecats - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Vipers down Alabama Steeldogs 35-33 before 6,589 at BJCC - Alabama Vipers
- Steeldogs lose to Tennessee Valley Vipers, 35-33 - Alabama Steeldogs
- Dawgz no match for Cats - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Arkansas wins thriller in Overtime - Arkansas Diamonds
- Wolves blow out South Georgia in 80-57 victory - Manchester Wolves
- Jungle Kats Fall to Fusion 47-25 - Cincinnati Jungle Kats
- Dusters Upset Battlewings, 51-48 - Amarillo Venom
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.