Wolves blow out South Georgia in 80-57 victory
The Manchester Wolves' offensive was running on all cylinders en route to their 80-57 romp over the South Georgia Wildcats in front of 5,289 fans on Brady Sullivan Field at the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester, N.H. The 80 points scored is a new Wolves franchise record.
The Wolves (6-6) were led by quarterback Mark Radlinski, the Schutt Offensive Player of the Game, who threw for 229 yards and five touchdowns to three different receivers (David Bailey, Pat Rouzard, Ari Confesor). Bailey led the Wolves' receiving trio with his nine-catch two-touchdown performance on 95 yards.
For the Wildcats (8-4) it was a case of too little too late as they were limited to just 13 first half points as the Wolves defense rattled former Manchester quarterback D. Bryant with consistent pressure led by linemen Jimmy Williams (one tackle for loss, one forced fumble, one sack) and ADT Defensive Player of the Game Maurice Fountain (one fumble recovery, one blocked kick, one quarterback hurry). The Wolves defense made five stops on the night.
Bryant finished the contest with eight total touchdowns (seven thrown, one rushing) on 331 yards passing with one interception and fumble in his return to Manchester. Chavis McCollister proved to be Bryant's favorite target as he hauled in 10 catches for 106 yards and five touchdowns.
U.S. ARMY Ironman of the Game Allistair Sebastien collected his 32 career interception (31 in the regular season), to move him back into first place all-time in the arenafootball2 league, along with a game-high 7.5 total tackles.
Connor McCormick made a perfect first impression in his Wolves' debut as the former University of New Hampshire Wildcat connected on 11-of-11 PAT's along with an 18-yard field goal.
The Wolves will continue their playoff push next Saturday in Cincinnati, OH when they take on the 1-10 Jungle Kats at the US Bank Arena at 7:30 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from June 30, 2007
- Fusion Defeats Jungle Kats 47-25 - Fort Wayne Fusion
- Burn can't break Fever, lose 55-42 - Boise Burn
- Yard Dawgz defeated for second time by Florida Firecats - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Vipers down Alabama Steeldogs 35-33 before 6,589 at BJCC - Alabama Vipers
- Steeldogs lose to Tennessee Valley Vipers, 35-33 - Alabama Steeldogs
- Dawgz no match for Cats - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Arkansas wins thriller in Overtime - Arkansas Diamonds
- Wolves blow out South Georgia in 80-57 victory - Manchester Wolves
- Jungle Kats Fall to Fusion 47-25 - Cincinnati Jungle Kats
- Dusters Upset Battlewings, 51-48 - Amarillo Venom