"Three-Alarm Threat" to silence Thunder
LOUISVILLE, KY - The Louisville Fire (6-6) look to repeat their earlier season performance, this Saturday in Freedom Hall, against the visiting Mahoning Valley Thunder (5-7) at 7:00pm. The Fire outscored the Thunder 52-34 accumulating most of their points in the first half of the game.
Not only are "sweeping" bragging rights at stake for the Fire this game, but the importance of making a run to the post-season. "We have the talent, we just need to work harder on our consistency putting it all together" said FB Demetrius Forney regarding winning the remainder of the season. If Louisville notches a win against the Thunder, it will put them right back in the thick of the division and playoff hunt.
"Our playoffs begin this week" according to Louisville Fire WR Tony Stallings who recently returned to the game after sustaining an injury a few weeks ago at home against division rival Green Bay Blizzard. "We know we need a strong win not only to get us on the right track but our fans deserve it," said WR Tiger Jones on what the Fire is looking to accomplish this weekend.
Once again the "Three-Alarm Threat," of WR Tony Stallings, WR Tiger Jones and FB Demetrius Forney will take the field and do what they do best...scoring touchdowns. "Our defense has played well, but it is time for our offense to step it up a bit and take advantage of every scoring situation whenever we get the ball" said Head Coach Tommy Johnson on what the team needs to do to win this week.
Avoid the summer heat inside the air-conditioned Freedom Hall this Saturday at 7:00pm. For ticket information please call 502-368-0009. "FUN FIRED UP!"
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from July 5, 2007
- Dine with the Copperheads - Texas Copperheads
- Four AFL contests to feature 43 players with previous af2 experience - af2
- Less Than 1000 Tickets Remain for Firecats Final Home Game - Florida Firecats
- Week Fifteen: Friday Night Matchup - af2
- "Three-Alarm Threat" to silence Thunder - Louisville Fire
- Fire Game Notes - Louisville Fire
- af2 Week Fifteen: Quick Hitters - af2
- Blitz Bring in Reinforcements - Bakersfield Blitz
- Burn Celebrate 7/7/07 - Boise Burn
- Yard Dawgz Game Preview - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Yard Dawgz Welcome Back af2 Veteran - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- "NFL Night" Is Coming To Stockton Arena - Stockton Lightning
- Former Fire QB Announced AFL Co-Rookie of the Year - Louisville Fire
- Fusion Prepares for Pioneers with $7 tickets - Fort Wayne Fusion
- Vipers assigned Central Florida defensive lineman Frisner Nelson - Alabama Vipers
- Jungle Kats Look to Tame Wolves Saturday Night - Cincinnati Jungle Kats
- Florida Firecats game notes - Florida Firecats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.