Vipers Acquire Second Point Guard
HIDALGO, TEXAS - The NBA D-League Rio Grande Valley Vipers announced today that they acquired Cliff Clinkscales from the player pool. To make room on the roster, the Vipers waived Jeff Trepagnier.
In 43 games (nine starts) with the Erie BayHawks, Clinkscales averaged 7.3 points and 5.3 assists (11th in the D-League) per game while shooting 45.1% from the field. He is sixth in the league in assists per 48 minutes (8.9) and first in assist-to-turnover ratio at 4.02.
"We like Cliff's ability to get into the middle of the lane and create shots for others. He brings us a true point guard to back up Jared Jordan," Vipers head coach Clay Moser said.
The 24-year old 6'1 point guard out of DePaul, Clinkscales averaged 2.5 points and 3.1 assists per game in 122 contests over a four-year career with the Blue Demons that ended in 2008.
During his senior season of 2007-08, Clinkscales led the nation in assist-to-turnover ratio at 3.6.
In nine games with the Vipers, Trepagnier was averaging 8.3 points per game. In 45 games overall, including his time with the Bakersfield Jam, Trepagnier 10.4 points per game.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 30, 2009
- Toros Host Dennis Johnson Memorial High School All-Star Games - Austin Spurs
- Wizards Game To Be Played As Scheduled Tonight - Dakota Wizards
- Vipers Acquire Second Point Guard - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Flash Point - Utah Flash
- Colorado 14ers Weekly Update - Colorado 14ers
- Arsenal Week in Review - Anaheim Arsenal
- Reno's David Noel Named D-League Performer Of The Week - G League
- Toros Go Green This Wednesday - Austin Spurs
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Lolo Jones To Appear At Energy Game Thursday - Iowa Wolves
- Wizards Lose Fifth Straight - Dakota Wizards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.