Wizards Lose Fifth Straight
Bismarck, N.D. : The Dakota Wizards lead all but six minutes of tonight's match up with the Albuquerque Thunderbirds, however it was the final six minutes of the game that proved crucial as the Thunderbirds won a nail biter 105-102 at the Bismarck Civic Center tonight.
Recent weather had postponed last weeks original game to tonight while Mother Nature had another appearance today in the area with yet another blizzard warning that left the D-League referees scrambling to try and get to Bismarck by car. The game was delayed by 50 minutes tonight which gave the Thunderbirds more time to recoup from their loss to the Skyforce on Friday Night.
Thunderbirds, now 23-21 on the season struggled from the charity strip receiving 32 attempts yet connecting on 17 while Dakota only received 13 free throw attempts hitting 10. Albuquerque was led in scoring by guard Will Conroy's 25 points and seven assists, while forward Jasper Johnson finished the night with a near triple double 20 points, 10 rebounds and 9 assists.
Dakota, now 23-21 on the season was led by guard Maurice Baker and forward Renaldo Majors 22 points and eight rebounds respectively. Forward Romel Beck chipped in 17 points, while forward Richard Hendrix nailed 12 points and grabbed 8 rebounds.
The Wizards will battle the elements at home again tomorrow night as they face the Austin Toros for a 7:00 PM CT tip-off.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 30, 2009
- Toros Host Dennis Johnson Memorial High School All-Star Games - Austin Spurs
- Wizards Game To Be Played As Scheduled Tonight - Dakota Wizards
- Vipers Acquire Second Point Guard - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Flash Point - Utah Flash
- Colorado 14ers Weekly Update - Colorado 14ers
- Arsenal Week in Review - Anaheim Arsenal
- Reno's David Noel Named D-League Performer Of The Week - G League
- Toros Go Green This Wednesday - Austin Spurs
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Lolo Jones To Appear At Energy Game Thursday - Iowa Wolves
- Wizards Lose Fifth Straight - Dakota Wizards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.