Reno's David Noel Named D-League Performer Of The Week
March 30, 2009 - NBA G League (G League) News Release
NEW YORK, March 30, 2009 - David Noel of the Reno Bighorns is the NBA D-League Performer of the Week for games played during the week of March 29, 2009. Noel becomes the first Bighorns player to earn the honor.
Noel led the Thunderbirds to a 1-1 record and averaged 20.5 points, 9.5 rebounds and 12.0 assists. He registered his second triple-double of the season on Thursday when he scored 17 points, 10 rebounds, and 13 assists in a win over Iowa.
A 6-6 forward from North Carolina, Noel was a first-round pick (14th overall) in the 2008 NBA D-League Draft by Albuquerque, which traded him to Reno earlier this month. He is averaging 18.7 points and 5.8 rebounds this season. A former second round pick of the Milwaukee Bucks, Noel played two seasons with the Bucks and was assigned to Tulsa of the NBA D-League during the 2007-08 season.
Other top performers last week included Rio Grande Valley's Jawad Williams, who averaged 26 points and 6.5 rebounds in two games for the Vipers; Fort Wayne's Chris Hunter, who averaged 25.3 points and 8.0 rebounds in three games for the Mad Ants; Erie's Maureece Rice, who averaged 23.5 points, 6.0 rebounds, 5.0 assists and 2.5 steals in two games for the BayHawks; Sioux Falls' Kasib Powell, who averaged 22.0 points with 6.8 rebounds, 8.5 assists and 3.5 for the Skyforce; and Iowa's Curtis Stinson, who averaged 20.7 points, 6.0 rebounds, 8.7 assists and 3.0 steals in three games for the Energy.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 30, 2009
- Toros Host Dennis Johnson Memorial High School All-Star Games - Austin Spurs
- Wizards Game To Be Played As Scheduled Tonight - Dakota Wizards
- Vipers Acquire Second Point Guard - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Flash Point - Utah Flash
- Colorado 14ers Weekly Update - Colorado 14ers
- Arsenal Week in Review - Anaheim Arsenal
- Reno's David Noel Named D-League Performer Of The Week - G League
- Toros Go Green This Wednesday - Austin Spurs
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Lolo Jones To Appear At Energy Game Thursday - Iowa Wolves
- Wizards Lose Fifth Straight - Dakota Wizards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.