Toros Go Green This Wednesday
AUSTIN, TX - The Austin Toros will "go green" in honor of Austin area businesses that are committed to promoting environmentally conscience living during Wednesday night's game against the Tulsa 66ers at 7:30 p.m. at the Austin Convention Center.
HEB will distribute reusable grocery bags to the first 250 fans. Austin Canoe and Kayak, SegCity Austin and Hill Country Ecobuilders will be on hand to showcase environmentally friendly business practices.
"The Toros take pride in being a dedicated member of the Austin business community and an important part of that is being environmentally responsible," Toros president Peter Lubell said. "As we look to place the highest quality of basketball on the floor night in and night out, we want to give that same effort off of the court as well, and our 'Go Green' game is a great way of promoting a clean environment."
The Toros play four of the their last five games of the 2008-09 season at the Austin Convention Center including Saturday vs. Iowa and Tuesday, March 7 against the Reno Bighorns.
For tickets and more information, please call 512-236-8333 or visit austintoros.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 30, 2009
- Toros Host Dennis Johnson Memorial High School All-Star Games - Austin Spurs
- Wizards Game To Be Played As Scheduled Tonight - Dakota Wizards
- Vipers Acquire Second Point Guard - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Flash Point - Utah Flash
- Colorado 14ers Weekly Update - Colorado 14ers
- Arsenal Week in Review - Anaheim Arsenal
- Reno's David Noel Named D-League Performer Of The Week - G League
- Toros Go Green This Wednesday - Austin Spurs
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Lolo Jones To Appear At Energy Game Thursday - Iowa Wolves
- Wizards Lose Fifth Straight - Dakota Wizards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.