Two Houston Dynamo Players Named to MLS Team of the Week
HOUSTON - Houston Dynamo defender Adam Lundkvist and midfielder Matias Vera were named to the Audi MLS Team of the Week, the league announced earlier today.
Vera and Lundkvist helped the Dynamo to a 1-1-0 record in Week 12 as the Dynamo faced the high-powered offenses of the Portland Timbers and D.C. United. Vera completed 57 of 59 passes against Diego Valeri and the Timbers, while Lundkvist helped limit a Wayne Rooney-led D.C. United to two shots on target last Saturday, while also intercepting three passes.
Vera and Lundkvist become the sixth and seventh Dynamo players, respectively, to be named to the Audi MLS Team of the Week. Forward Mauro Manotas was named on back-to-back Teams of the Week after scoring a combined 3 goals and 1 assist against Columbus Crew S.C. in Week 9 and FC Dallas in Week 10. Forward Alberth Elis has been named to the Team of the Week twice this season after a pair of dominant performances in which he scored, created or assisted on seven combined goals in wins over Vancouver (Week 3) and Colorado (Week 5).
Midfielder Tomás Martínez earned Team of the Week honors in Week 7, and forward Memo Rodriguez was named to the Team of the Week bench after his brace against the Vancouver Whitecaps in Week 3. Defender Kiki Struna was named to the Team of the Week after making his MLS debut in a 2-1 victory against the Montreal Impact in Week 2.
The Dynamo travel to Minnesota this weekend as they take on Minnesota United FC on Saturday evening at Allianz Field. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. CDT, and the game will be televised on KUBE 57.
The Dynamo return to BBVA Compass Stadium at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 1 to host Graham Zusi and Sporting Kansas City. The match is the start of the Soccer for All Month events. Soccer for All Night is presented by Heriberto Ramos, and the first 5,000 fans will receive a Mauro Manotas bobblehead courtesy of Heriberto Ramos. Tickets are available online at HoustonDynamo.com or by phone at 713-276-4625 (GOAL).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 20, 2019
- Two Houston Dynamo Players Named to MLS Team of the Week - Houston Dynamo
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: May 20, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update - May 20, 2019 - Chicago Fire
- FC Cincinnati Recall Rashawn Dally from Memphis 901 FC - FC Cincinnati
- LA Galaxy to face Orlando City SC this weekend on UniMas - LA Galaxy
- Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Named MLS Player of the Week - San Jose Earthquakes
- San Jose Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- The Ligue de Football Professionnel Announce That the EA Ligue 1 Games Will be Played at Audi Field - D.C. United
- 40-Man Preliminary Rosters Released for 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup - Houston Dynamo
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: May 20, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- FC Cincinnati to Plant 20,000 Flower Blooms Around Queen City - FC Cincinnati
- FC Dallas Draws with Los Angeles FC - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dynamo Stories
- Postgame Notes: Houston Dynamo 3-1 Toronto FC
- Dynamo Capture Crucial Road Win with 3-1 Victory over Toronto FC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Head North for Clash with Toronto FC
- Houston Dynamo & Dash Captains to Wear Apollo 11 Mission Patch on Anniversary of Moon Landing
- Basketball Superstar James Harden Joins Houston Dynamo & Dash Ownership Group