The Ligue de Football Professionnel Announce That the EA Ligue 1 Games Will be Played at Audi Field
WASHINGTON - D.C. United and the Ligue de Football Professionnel (LFP) have partnered to announce a first of its kind four-game tournament series, the EA Ligue 1 Games, between French first division (France Ligue 1) sides AS St Etienne, FCG Bordeaux, Olympique de Marseille and Montpellier HSC at Audi Field in July. A press conference with executives from D.C. United, LFP and the French clubs was held at Audi Field on Monday, May 20 to announce the new tournament. Media elements from the press conference will be distributed later on today.
Elevate Sports Ventures, the best-in-class sports and entertainment consulting firm providing proven, innovative solutions to organizations across the global sports and entertainment landscape, has been selected by Ligue de Football Professionnel (LFP) to support North American media rights, sponsorship and ticket sales for EA Ligue 1 Games.
The Black-and-Red will then play Olympique de Marseille in a friendly presented by EventsDC at Audi Field on Wednesday, July 24 at 8 PM ET. Tickets for all matches are now on sale to the public and can be found HERE. The friendly will be included in the Season Ticket Member package.
D.C. United will line up against nine-time Ligue 1 champions Olympique de Marseille with Black-and-Red stars going up against the likes of Mario Balotelli, Dimitri Payet and Kevin Strootman in the nation's capital.
"The EA Ligue 1 Games are another opportunity for fans in the District to see world class soccer talent at Audi Field," Andy Bush, D.C. United CRO, said. "Washington, DC having four elite teams from Europe come to Audi Field shows the strength of the soccer market in the area. We are excited to host the teams and look forward to giving fans a unique soccer experience."
France Ligue 1 is one of the most elite and historic soccer leagues in the world and will give fans in the DMV area an opportunity to watch international stars in the District's new home for soccer, Audi Field.
"We are very happy and proud to be able to launch the EA Ligue 1 Games in Washington DC," Didier Quillot, CEO of LFP, said. "International development is the number one priority for LFP. In this context, it is important to be able to organize events such as the EA Ligue 1 Games to raise awareness of clubs and players of Ligue 1. I want to thank EA Sports for its commitment to us in this ambitious new project. I also want to thank the clubs of Montpellier, Bordeaux, Olympique de Marseille and AS Saint-Etienne, for their commitment to participate in the EA Ligue 1 Games."
Tickets for the EA Ligue 1 Games are on sale now via Ticketmaster.com; tickets purchased for each day of the matches include both games played that night. For information and pricing on premium and suite opportunities or group tickets, fans should email EALigue1Games@ElevateSV.com. For inquiries pertaining to sponsorship or media broadcast opportunities, email Elevate Sports Ventures COO, Flavil Hampsten at Flavil@ElevateSportsVentures.com.
The EA Ligue 1 Games Schedule
Thursday, July 18
Montpellier v. AS St Etienne | 6:00 PM | Audi Field
O.Marseille v. FCG Bordeaux | 8:30 PM | Audi Field
Sunday, July 21
Atlanta United v. D.C. United (Watch party) | 4:00 PM | Audi Field
3rd place v. 4th place | 6:00 PM | Audi Field
1st place v. 2nd place | 8:30 PM | Audi Field
D.C. United Friendly presented by EventsDC
Wednesday, July 24
D.C. United vs O.Marseille | 8:00 PM | Audi Field
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 20, 2019
- Two Houston Dynamo Players Named to MLS Team of the Week - Houston Dynamo
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: May 20, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update - May 20, 2019 - Chicago Fire
- FC Cincinnati Recall Rashawn Dally from Memphis 901 FC - FC Cincinnati
- LA Galaxy to face Orlando City SC this weekend on UniMas - LA Galaxy
- Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Named MLS Player of the Week - San Jose Earthquakes
- San Jose Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- The Ligue de Football Professionnel Announce That the EA Ligue 1 Games Will be Played at Audi Field - D.C. United
- 40-Man Preliminary Rosters Released for 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup - Houston Dynamo
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: May 20, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- FC Cincinnati to Plant 20,000 Flower Blooms Around Queen City - FC Cincinnati
- FC Dallas Draws with Los Angeles FC - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- Post-Match Facts: Toronto FC V. D.C. United
- Griffin Yow Named in World Cup Squad for U.S. U-17 Boys' National Team
- Arriola, Moreno and Rodriguez on International Duty Ahead of Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoff Match
- Time and Broadcast Update for Match against Toronto on October 19
- D.C. United Draw FC Cincinnati 0-0 in Final MLS Regular Season Match