FC Cincinnati to Plant 20,000 Flower Blooms Around Queen City
CINCINNATI - In celebration of their more than 20,000 Season Ticket Members for the 2019 season, FC Cincinnati will help beautify the Queen City by planting 20,000 flower blooms around the region in June.
The project will supply 20,000 blue and orange blooms that will be planted around the city in partnership with more than 50 local organizations.
Fans are encouraged to get involved and volunteer time to help the club complete the project. | VOLUNTEER NOW: http://fccincinnati.com/20000blooms
Events are scheduled for:
Saturday, June 1: Colerain, East End, Hartwell, Over-the-Rhine, Walnut Hills, West End
Monday, June 3: College Hill
Wednesday, June 12: Springfield Township
More information is available at http://fccincinnati.com/20000blooms through the Keep Cincinnati Beautiful website. Fans interested in volunteering should click on the desired date's FCC Flower Planting Celebration entry to learn about each location and volunteer coordinator contact information.
"Our fans and supporters have demonstrated immense pride for Cincinnati and have been incredibly active in volunteering time for our community-based programs," said Kate Solomon, FC Cincinnati Vice President of Communications and Executive Director of the FC Cincinnati Foundation. "We are excited about this opportunity to not only get our fans involved, but to have them be part of something to brighten up a city we all love, on behalf of FC Cincinnati."
In March when FCC passed the 20,000 mark for season-ticket sales, the club announced this project as part of its community engagement initiatives. This commitment is part of the club's overall pledge to benefit and better the Greater Cincinnati community, which has resulted in more than 500 volunteer hours from fans and supporters alone so far in 2019.
FC Cincinnati return to the field on Saturday, May 25, when the team hosts the New York Red Bulls at Nippert Stadium. First kick is set for 7:30 p.m., and the game will be televised live on WSTR 64, streamed on FloFC (in-region) and ESPN+ (out-of-region), carried on the radio on WDJO with an audio stream on TuneIn (WDJO) and fccincinnati.com. Pick-Six mini plans, and individual-game tickets and group options are on sale at fccincinnati.com/tickets or by calling 513-977-5425 (KICK).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 20, 2019
- Two Houston Dynamo Players Named to MLS Team of the Week - Houston Dynamo
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: May 20, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update - May 20, 2019 - Chicago Fire
- FC Cincinnati Recall Rashawn Dally from Memphis 901 FC - FC Cincinnati
- LA Galaxy to face Orlando City SC this weekend on UniMas - LA Galaxy
- Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Named MLS Player of the Week - San Jose Earthquakes
- San Jose Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- The Ligue de Football Professionnel Announce That the EA Ligue 1 Games Will be Played at Audi Field - D.C. United
- 40-Man Preliminary Rosters Released for 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup - Houston Dynamo
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: May 20, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- FC Cincinnati to Plant 20,000 Flower Blooms Around Queen City - FC Cincinnati
- FC Dallas Draws with Los Angeles FC - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- Kendall Waston Named to MLS Team of the Week
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: July 14, 2019
- Tallies from Cruz, Adi give FC Cincinnati second consecutive win
- FC Cincinnati Sign Captain Kendall Waston to a Contract Extension
- "Party at the Pitch" Planned Ahead of Thursday's White Out Game