Two Home Runs Power Rockers Past Patriots 5-2
idgewater, NJ - The High Point Rockers (11-7) defeated the Somerset Patriots (12-5) 5-2 at TD Bank Ballpark on Thursday afternoon.
The Patriots jumped out in front with two runs in the bottom of the first inning. A Ramon Flores RBI single and a Michael Ohlman RBI double spotted Somerset with a 2-0 advantage.
High Point then took the lead with three runs in the top of the second inning on a home run by Josh Mazzola (2).
The Rockers extended the lead to 5-2 on a two-run home run by Quincy Latimore (5) in the top of the sixth inning.
Stephen Johnson (2-0) picked up the win, allowing two runs on four hits in six innings pitched. David Holmberg (0-1) suffered the loss in his season debut, allowing three runs on five hits in three innings pitched. Sam Runion earned his first save of the season with a scoreless inning pitched.
The 2019 Somerset Patriots Season presented by Ford will continue of the road until Tuesday, May 21st when the team returns home for a 6:35 pm game against the Sugar Land Skeeters. The game includes Mr. T Celebration Night in honor of the pop icon's 67th birthday. For tickets, stop by the box office located at TD Bank Ballpark, call (908) 252-0700, or visit www.somersetpatriots.com.
Images from this story
Ramon Flores of the Somerset Patriots
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from May 16, 2019
- Rockers Make It Three in a Row over Patriots - Somerset Patriots
- Five-Run Seventh Inning Propels Barnstormers To Matinee Victory - New Britain Bees
- Rockers High Pint Craft Beer Room Opens to the Public Tonight - High Point Rockers
- Game Does 180, Barnstormers Romp - Lancaster Barnstormers
- Fisher Flirts with No-No as Ducks Claim Road Trip Finale - Long Island Ducks
- Blue Crabs Late Comeback Efforts Fall Short in Series Finale - Southern Maryland Blue Crabs
- Two Home Runs Power Rockers Past Patriots 5-2 - Somerset Patriots
- Pitching Tightens But Offense Falters in Loss at Sugar Land - York Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.