Two Home Runs Help Dodgers to 4-2 Win over Express
ROUND ROCK, Texas - The Round Rock Express (23-16) dropped its third consecutive contest to the Oklahoma City Dodgers (19-20) in a 4-2 final on Saturday night at Dell Diamond. Texas Rangers DH David Dahl went 1-4 and scored one of the two Round Rock runs in his first Major League rehab appearance.
Express starter RHP Drew Anderson (3-3, 3.41) was tagged with the loss after allowing four runs on five hits and three walks and tallying seven strikeouts in his 6.0 innings on the mound. Dodgers LHP Vidal Nuño (1-0, 6.75) earned the win after spending 5.0 scoreless innings on the mound, striking out one batter. Nuño and reliever RHP Markus Solbach combined to retire 16 E-Train hitters at one point during the contest.
Oklahoma City hopped out to an early 2-0 lead in the first inning after DH Keibert Ruiz drew a one-out walk and was sent home when RF Luke Raley hit a home run to center field.
The Dodgers doubled their lead with another two-run dinger in the fourth. CF DJ Peters hit his first triple of the season before 3B Matt Davidson followed with a shot down the left field line for the 4-0 lead.
Round Rock avoided the shutout by plating two runs in the seventh frame. Dahl knocked a double and crossed home plate thanks to another E-Train double, this time from 3B Andy Ibáñez. 1B Curtis Terry followed with a single to score Ibáñez for the 4-2 final.
The bottom of the ninth inning had a promising start for the Express as CF Leody Taveras hit a bunt single in the leadoff spot. Taveras was then caught stealing second before RHP Kevin Quackenbush struck out the final two Round Rock batters to earn the save for Oklahoma City.
The two teams meet for game four on Sunday night at Dell Diamond. Express LHP Hyeon-Jong Yang (--) is scheduled to get the start up against Dodgers LHP Mike Kickham (0-1, 3.66). First pitch is set for 6:05 p.m.
Single game tickets as well as full season and mini season membership plans are on sale now. For more information about the Express, visit RRExpress.com or call (512) 255-2255. Subscribe to the E-Train email newsletter and keep up with the Express on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A West League message board...
Triple-A West League Stories from June 19, 2021
- Five Aces Homers Lead Reno to 7-6 Win - Reno Aces
- Chihuahuas Explode in Rout of Sugar Land Saturday - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Skeeters Lose First Game of Road Trip in El Paso - Sugar Land Skeeters
- Dodgers Double Up Express - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Two Home Runs Help Dodgers to 4-2 Win over Express - Round Rock Express
- Aces Notes and Roster - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 19, 2021 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- OF David Dahl Joins Express on Major League Rehab Assignment - Round Rock Express
- River Cats Roll in Game Two - Salt Lake Bees
- McCaughan Pitches Gem for Tacoma's Sixth Straight Victory in Las Vegas - Tacoma Rainiers
- Aviators' Bats Silenced in 5-2 Loss to Tacoma - Las Vegas Aviators
- Bart, Davis power River Cats to victory in Kazmir's return - Sacramento River Cats
- Aces Blast Isotopes for Second Straight Evening - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Curtis Terry Hits for the Cycle as Express Fall to Dodgers 8-7 - Round Rock Express
- Early Sugar Land Blow away Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Daulton Varsho Homers Twice in Same Inning, Aces Win 15-2 - Reno Aces
- Reks' Grab Preserves Dodgers Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Jake Meyers Belts Two Homers and Skeeters Beat El Paso 10-3 - Sugar Land Skeeters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Round Rock Express Stories
- Round Rock Records 6-3 Win against Oklahoma City
- Dodgers Post 8-3 Victory in Game Two over the Express
- Round Rock RHPs Drew Anderson and Jharel Cotton Promoted to Texas
- Round Rock Downs Oklahoma City 3-1 in Thursday's Series Opener
- Round Rock Splits Doubleheader to Close out Series in Reno