Five Aces Homers Lead Reno to 7-6 Win
RENO, Nev. - The Reno Aces kept the hot hitting streak alive, hitting five homers en route to a 7-6 win over the Albuquerque Isotopes. The performance was led by Josh VanMeter's two solo shots, with four innings of shutout ball by the bullpen.
For the eighth-straight game, Reno jumped out to the early lead. Andrew Young and VanMeter went back-to-back with a pair of solo homers, putting the Aces up 2-0.
The Aces kept the runs coming, scoring in the bottom of the third after Nick Heath walked and stole second. Young doubled to score Heath, and make it a 3-0 game.
Albuquerque answered in the top of the fourth with a grand slam to take the lead 4-3.
Reno came right back to re-take the lead with another set of back-to-back solo homers. This time it was Bryan Holaday and Camden Duzenack, making it 5-4 Aces after four innings of play.
In the top of the fifth, the Isotopes put up two more to take a 6-5 lead that would again prove to be short lived.
In the bottom of the fifth, VanMeter smoked his second homer of the night to tie it up at six, before a Bryan Holaday sacrifice fly made it another Reno lead at 7-6.
Miguel Aguilar entered to close out the night, earning his second save of the season with a scoreless ninth.
The Aces will be back tomorrow looking to secure the six-game series against the Isotopes. First pitch is set for 1:05 p.m. PT from Greater Nevada Field. Tickets are on sale at RenoAces.com, or by texting TIXX to 21003. The radio call of the game will also be broadcast on KPLY 630AM locally, as well as online at RenoAces.com.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A West League message board...
Triple-A West League Stories from June 19, 2021
- Five Aces Homers Lead Reno to 7-6 Win - Reno Aces
- Chihuahuas Explode in Rout of Sugar Land Saturday - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Skeeters Lose First Game of Road Trip in El Paso - Sugar Land Skeeters
- Dodgers Double Up Express - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Two Home Runs Help Dodgers to 4-2 Win over Express - Round Rock Express
- Aces Notes and Roster - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 19, 2021 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- OF David Dahl Joins Express on Major League Rehab Assignment - Round Rock Express
- River Cats Roll in Game Two - Salt Lake Bees
- McCaughan Pitches Gem for Tacoma's Sixth Straight Victory in Las Vegas - Tacoma Rainiers
- Aviators' Bats Silenced in 5-2 Loss to Tacoma - Las Vegas Aviators
- Bart, Davis power River Cats to victory in Kazmir's return - Sacramento River Cats
- Aces Blast Isotopes for Second Straight Evening - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Curtis Terry Hits for the Cycle as Express Fall to Dodgers 8-7 - Round Rock Express
- Early Sugar Land Blow away Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Daulton Varsho Homers Twice in Same Inning, Aces Win 15-2 - Reno Aces
- Reks' Grab Preserves Dodgers Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Jake Meyers Belts Two Homers and Skeeters Beat El Paso 10-3 - Sugar Land Skeeters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.