OF David Dahl Joins Express on Major League Rehab Assignment
ROUND ROCK, Texas - The Texas Rangers have announced that OF David Dahl is joining the Round Rock Express as part of a Major League Rehab Assignment, beginning on Saturday, June 19. The 2019 MLB All-Star is expected to be in uniform for the Express tonight as the team hosts the Oklahoma City Dodgers at 7:05 p.m. at Dell Diamond.
Dahl has been sidelined since May 26 with a left rib cage contusion. Prior to the injury, the outfielder was hitting .208 (30-144) with seven doubles, four homers and 12 RBI in 42 games for Texas. The Birmingham native made his Major League debut with the Colorado Rockies in 2016 after hitting .484 (30-62) with Triple-A Albuquerque. He finished the year in Colorado, posting a .315 batting average (70-222) to go along with seven homers and 24 RBI.
The 27-year-old has spent the majority of the last three seasons in the Majors, logging 243 games with the Rockies and Rangers. In his Major League career, Dahl is a .275 hitter (298-1082) with 40 doubles, 14 triples, 42 homers and 154 RBI. He posted a prolific 2019 campaign in Colorado, finishing the year .302 (113-374) with 15 home runs and 61 RBI across 100 games for the Rockies. The performance earned him his first career All-Star selection, where he recorded a single as part of a 4-3 American League victory at Progressive Field in Cleveland.
Dahl was originally drafted by the Rockies with the 10th overall pick in the 2012 MLB Draft out of Oak Mountain High School in Birmingham, Alabama. He is set to become the second member of the Rangers to suit up with the Express on an MLB rehab assignment this season, joining OF Khris Davis, who spent time in Round Rock from May 6-8.
The Express continue their six-game series against the Dodgers tonight at 7:05 p.m. at Dell Diamond. Round Rock RHP Drew Anderson (3-2, 2.86) is scheduled to face Oklahoma City LHP Mike Kickham (0-1, 3.66).
Single game tickets as well as full season and mini season membership plans are on sale now. For more information about the Express, visit RRExpress.com or call (512) 255-2255. Subscribe to the E-Train email newsletter and keep up with the Express on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A West League message board...
Triple-A West League Stories from June 19, 2021
- Five Aces Homers Lead Reno to 7-6 Win - Reno Aces
- Chihuahuas Explode in Rout of Sugar Land Saturday - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Skeeters Lose First Game of Road Trip in El Paso - Sugar Land Skeeters
- Dodgers Double Up Express - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Two Home Runs Help Dodgers to 4-2 Win over Express - Round Rock Express
- Aces Notes and Roster - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 19, 2021 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- OF David Dahl Joins Express on Major League Rehab Assignment - Round Rock Express
- River Cats Roll in Game Two - Salt Lake Bees
- McCaughan Pitches Gem for Tacoma's Sixth Straight Victory in Las Vegas - Tacoma Rainiers
- Aviators' Bats Silenced in 5-2 Loss to Tacoma - Las Vegas Aviators
- Bart, Davis power River Cats to victory in Kazmir's return - Sacramento River Cats
- Aces Blast Isotopes for Second Straight Evening - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Curtis Terry Hits for the Cycle as Express Fall to Dodgers 8-7 - Round Rock Express
- Early Sugar Land Blow away Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Daulton Varsho Homers Twice in Same Inning, Aces Win 15-2 - Reno Aces
- Reks' Grab Preserves Dodgers Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Jake Meyers Belts Two Homers and Skeeters Beat El Paso 10-3 - Sugar Land Skeeters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Round Rock Express Stories
- Dodgers Tie Series at Two with 7-1 Victory over Express
- Round Rock Records 6-3 Win against Oklahoma City
- Dodgers Post 8-3 Victory in Game Two over the Express
- Round Rock RHPs Drew Anderson and Jharel Cotton Promoted to Texas
- Round Rock Downs Oklahoma City 3-1 in Thursday's Series Opener