Tulsa Roughnecks Topple New Mexico United, 2-1
TULSA, OK - Tulsa Roughnecks played host to New Mexico United in Tulsa, Oklahoma at ONEOK Field. Tulsa Roughnecks were looking to finish the season strong, while New Mexico United were pushing for that final playoff spot.
The game started off with a slow tempo until Toby Uzo converted a perfect bicycle kick in the 10th minute from a Cyprian Hedrick cross. The Roughnecks maintained control of the match for the majority of the first half. New Mexico had their best chance in the half at the 29th minute when Sandoval's shot from the top of the box was pushed wide by Sean Lewis. Tulsa Roughnecks entered the half up 1-0.
The two sides traded off on a couple decent opportunities that came up short as Tulsa looked for the lead and New Mexico for the equalizer. That equalizer came in the 68th minute with a goal from Sandoval. Santi Moar made a deep run on the left side of goal and placed a pass to the feet of Sandoval who slide the ball into the back of the net. Marlon received a red card in the 75th minute and the Roughnecks had to play the remainder of the game a player down. The sides were level at 1-1 going into 6 minutes of added time until Janu Silva found the back of the net giving the Tulsa Roughnecks the 2-1 victory.
The Tulsa Roughnecks play the final match of the USL championship season Saturday October 19th vs Reno 1868 FC at ONEOK Field.
Tulsa Roughnecks- Sean Lewis, Cyprian Hedrick, Mallan Roberts, Luca Lobo, Matt Sheldon, Brayan Reyes, Manny Gonzalez (76' Altamirano), Marlon dos Santos, Rodrigo Da Costa, Panin Boyake (81' Ajeakwa), Toby Uzo (68' Silva).
Substitutes not used- Nicholas Prasad, Fredlin Mompremier, Renan Ferreira.
San Antonio FC- Cody Mizell, Josh Suggs, Rashid Tetteh, Justin Schmidt, Manny Padilla (85' Akamatsu), Sam Hamilton, Juan Guzman (59' Frater), Santia Moar, David Estrada (59' Bruce), Devon Sandoval, Chris Wehan.
Substitutes not used- Ethen Sampson, Austin Yearwood, Saalih Muhammad
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 12, 2019
- Indy Eleven Comes Back to Earn 1-1 Draw at Tampa Bay - Indy Eleven
- STLFC Falls 1-0 to First-Place Pittsburgh Riverhounds - Saint Louis FC
- Hounds Clinch Home Playoff Game, Defeat Saint Louis, 1-0 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Tulsa Roughnecks Topple New Mexico United, 2-1 - FC Tulsa
- New Mexico Toppled at Tulsa - New Mexico United
- Independence Move Past Memphis - Charlotte Independence
- Memphis 901 FC Shy against Charlotte Independence, 2-1 - Memphis 901 FC
- Nashville SC Clinches Home Playoff Match with 2-0 Win at Nissan - Nashville SC
- LouCity Scores 8 Unanswered Goals in Wild 8-3 Win - Louisville City FC
- North Carolina FC Falls on Road to Nashville SC - North Carolina FC
- Fresno FC vs. LA Galaxy II Preview - Fresno FC
- Fury FC Draws 1-1 against Bethlehem Steel FC - Ottawa Fury FC
- Faris becomes the second Steel FC player to score 10 goals in a single season - Bethlehem Steel FC
- Preview: RGV FC Makes Last Road Trip to OKC Energy - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Pink Match: LouCity Honors Those in the Fight against Breast Cancer - Louisville City FC
- Game Day: LouCity Hosts Its Final Regular-Season Home Match - Louisville City FC
- Energy FC Play Final Home Match Tomorrow Night - OKC Energy FC
- T2 Fall 4-3 to San Antonio FC in Regular-Season Home Finale at Providence Park - Portland Timbers 2
- San Antonio FC Earns Three Crucial Points in Seven-Goal Thriller at Portland - San Antonio FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Tulsa Stories
- FC Tulsa Re-Signs Defender Matt Sheldon to 2020 Roster
- FC Tulsa Brings Back USL Championship Veteran Cyprian Hedrick
- FC Tulsa Unveils New Name, Colors and Crest to Usher in New Era of Pro Soccer in Tulsa
- Tulsa Roughnecks FC Re-Sign Forward Marlon to Multiyear Contract
- Thank You from the Craft Brothers