Energy FC Play Final Home Match Tomorrow Night
Energy FC (14th, 9-12-11, 38 points) return to Taft Stadium for the final home match of the 2019 season. Last week's 2-0 loss away to Orange County SC leaves the Greens with an uphill battle to make the postseason. With two matches remaining, OKC sits in 14th, four points behind 10th place New Mexico United for the final playoff spot.
Next is a matchup with Rio Grande Valley FC Toros, who are already eliminated from playoff contention. The teams met at H-E-B Park on April 13 with RGV taking all three points at home in a 2-1 win. This will be the eighth meeting in a rivalry that dates back to 2016 with RGV holding a 2-3-2 edge in the all-time series.
The Greens will miss Alvin Jones, Je-Vaughn Watson and Mekeil Williams, after the trio were called up to represent their national teams in the Concacaf Nations League. Kyle Hyland will also miss the match after being sent off against Orange County. Rafael Garcia is expected to return to action following knee surgery, and Callum Ross will be available for selection after serving a one-match suspension.
Deshorn Brown leads OKC with 14 goals, Omar Gordon has the most assists with seven, and Cody Laurendi is now at a league-leading 101 saves.
Outside of the action on the pitch, the home finale will feature the inaugural "Parks and Rec"-themed Energy FC Harvest Festival. Special guest Jay Jackson, aka Perd Hapley, will be in attendance to meet fans. There will also be miniature horses, goats, t-shirts for the first 1,000 fans and the opportunity to win a wide variety of prizes. In addition to the festivities, all merchandise as well as alcohol will be 50% off.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 12, 2019
- Indy Eleven Comes Back to Earn 1-1 Draw at Tampa Bay - Indy Eleven
- STLFC Falls 1-0 to First-Place Pittsburgh Riverhounds - Saint Louis FC
- Hounds Clinch Home Playoff Game, Defeat Saint Louis, 1-0 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Tulsa Roughnecks Topple New Mexico United, 2-1 - FC Tulsa
- New Mexico Toppled at Tulsa - New Mexico United
- Independence Move Past Memphis - Charlotte Independence
- Memphis 901 FC Shy against Charlotte Independence, 2-1 - Memphis 901 FC
- Nashville SC Clinches Home Playoff Match with 2-0 Win at Nissan - Nashville SC
- LouCity Scores 8 Unanswered Goals in Wild 8-3 Win - Louisville City FC
- North Carolina FC Falls on Road to Nashville SC - North Carolina FC
- Fresno FC vs. LA Galaxy II Preview - Fresno FC
- Fury FC Draws 1-1 against Bethlehem Steel FC - Ottawa Fury FC
- Faris becomes the second Steel FC player to score 10 goals in a single season - Philadelphia Union II
- Preview: RGV FC Makes Last Road Trip to OKC Energy - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Pink Match: LouCity Honors Those in the Fight against Breast Cancer - Louisville City FC
- Game Day: LouCity Hosts Its Final Regular-Season Home Match - Louisville City FC
- Energy FC Play Final Home Match Tomorrow Night - OKC Energy FC
- T2 Fall 4-3 to San Antonio FC in Regular-Season Home Finale at Providence Park - Portland Timbers 2
- San Antonio FC Earns Three Crucial Points in Seven-Goal Thriller at Portland - San Antonio FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent OKC Energy FC Stories
- Energy FC Announces Partnership with adidas
- Energy FC Play Final Match of 2019 Tomorrow Night
- Energy FC Play Final Home Match Tomorrow Night
- Energy FC to Host Parks and Rec Night with Special Guest Perd Hapley
- Energy FC in Orange County for Must-Win Match Saturday Night