Preview: RGV FC Makes Last Road Trip to OKC Energy
EDINBURG, Texas - Rio Grande Valley FC (9-15-8, 35 pts.) head to Taft Stadium to face OKC Energy FC (9-12-11, 38 pts.) on Sunday, October 12. The matchup is set to kick off at 6:00 P.M. CST on ESPN+.
The Toros recently faced New Mexico United at Isotopes Park and although the squad didn't go home with three points, they created a challenge for New Mexico in front of 11,000 United fans ending the match with a 1-1 draw.
As the road schedule wraps up, RGV FC is looking to get one last win as a visitor. RGV FC is out of playoff contention but desire to finish the 2019 season strong.
OKC Energy is still in the running for postseason as they enter the match in 14th place of the USL Western Division. One key player to look out for is Deshorn Brown as he leads OKC with 14 goals. Owayne Omar Gordon leads with seven assists and five goals.
Defensively, Atiba Harris has totaled 132 clearances, 38 blocks and 58 interceptions. Under the arc, Cody Laurendi has totaled 101 saves out of 150 shots faced. He has conceded 49 goals thus far with six clean sheets which can be difficult for the attacking RGV FC side.
For the Toros, both Carlos Small and Michael Salazar lead the squad with 10 goals. Valley native, Isidro Martinez, is a key player for RGV FC that assists with distribution throughout the match. He has totaled seven assists with 64 key passes.
Goalkeeper, Nico Corti, has conceded 29 goals thus far and has saved 43 shots out of 72 shots faced. He has totaled three clean sheets for the Toros.
Updates on the match will be provided via Twitter at @RGVFC or by following #SomosToros. To see more matchday information, visit www.rgvfc.com .
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 12, 2019
- Indy Eleven Comes Back to Earn 1-1 Draw at Tampa Bay - Indy Eleven
- STLFC Falls 1-0 to First-Place Pittsburgh Riverhounds - Saint Louis FC
- Hounds Clinch Home Playoff Game, Defeat Saint Louis, 1-0 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Tulsa Roughnecks Topple New Mexico United, 2-1 - FC Tulsa
- New Mexico Toppled at Tulsa - New Mexico United
- Independence Move Past Memphis - Charlotte Independence
- Memphis 901 FC Shy against Charlotte Independence, 2-1 - Memphis 901 FC
- Nashville SC Clinches Home Playoff Match with 2-0 Win at Nissan - Nashville SC
- LouCity Scores 8 Unanswered Goals in Wild 8-3 Win - Louisville City FC
- North Carolina FC Falls on Road to Nashville SC - North Carolina FC
- Fresno FC vs. LA Galaxy II Preview - Fresno FC
- Fury FC Draws 1-1 against Bethlehem Steel FC - Ottawa Fury FC
- Faris becomes the second Steel FC player to score 10 goals in a single season - Philadelphia Union II
- Preview: RGV FC Makes Last Road Trip to OKC Energy - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Pink Match: LouCity Honors Those in the Fight against Breast Cancer - Louisville City FC
- Game Day: LouCity Hosts Its Final Regular-Season Home Match - Louisville City FC
- Energy FC Play Final Home Match Tomorrow Night - OKC Energy FC
- T2 Fall 4-3 to San Antonio FC in Regular-Season Home Finale at Providence Park - Portland Timbers 2
- San Antonio FC Earns Three Crucial Points in Seven-Goal Thriller at Portland - San Antonio FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rio Grande Valley FC Toros Stories
- Preview: RGV FC Face OKC on the Road
- Toros Fall 4-1 in Austin
- Preview: RGV FC Head to the Capital City for a Showdown with Austin
- Toros Fall to FC Tulsa at Home
- Preview: Toros Host FC Tulsa on Saturday Night