Travelers Announce 2023 Schedule
The Arkansas Travelers in conjunction with Major League Baseball and the Texas League have released their schedule for the 2023 season. For the second consecutive season the Travs will start on the road. Thursday April 6 is the date for the season opener, beginning a three game series at Corpus Christi. The opening game of the season at Dickey-Stephens Park will be Tuesday, April 11 against the Springfield Cardinals.
The schedule consists of 138 games, 69 each at home and on the road. The basic schedule includes a six game series each week with every Monday off. The only exceptions are the season opening three game series at Corpus Christi (April 7-9), a three game set at home against Corpus Christi (July 14-16) and a series running from Wednesday June 28 through Monday July 3 at home against Springfield following consecutive off days. There is a four day break in the schedule coinciding with Major League Baseball's All-Star Break from July 10-13. The regular season concludes on Sunday September 17 at NW Arkansas with the final home game set for Sunday September 10.
47 of the 69 home games occur on either a Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday with 12 games each on a Friday and Saturday. By month, the Travelers will host 12 games in April, 14 in May, 13 in June, 12 in July, 12 in August and six in September. Holidays where the Travs host games include Mother's Day (May 14 vs. NW Arkansas) and Father's Day (June 18 vs. Corpus Christi).
Arkansas will play host to each of their nine league rivals for the first time ever while the club will make trips to every city in the league with the exception of San Antonio. The rival Springfield Cardinals and in-state NW Arkansas Naturals are the most common opponents on the schedule with 24 games (12 home, 12 away) scheduled against each club.
Game times, promotions and giveaways will be announced at a later date.
Founded in 1901, the Arkansas Travelers are the Double-A affiliate of the Seattle Mariners and call Dickey-Stephens Park in North Little Rock home. For all the latest information with the club and events at the ballpark, log on to travs.com or follow the Travelers on Facebook (Arkansas Travelers), Instagram (@artravs) and Twitter (@artravs). The Travelers have a clear bag policy for all events.
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from August 30, 2022
- Amarillo Opens Series with Walk-Off Win over Frisco - Frisco RoughRiders
- Fortunate Bounce Helps Drillers in 7-3 Win - Tulsa Drillers
- Surge Drop Opener in Springfield - Wichita Wind Surge
- Travs Blank Hounds Before Rain Hits - Arkansas Travelers
- RoughRiders Reveal 2023 Schedule - Frisco RoughRiders
- Wind Surge Insider - Wichita Wind Surge
- Travelers Announce 2023 Schedule - Arkansas Travelers
- San Antonio Missions 2023 Schedule Announced - San Antonio Missions
- Dollard Deals Again; Travs Win - Arkansas Travelers
- Northwest Arkansas Naturals 2023 Schedule Announced - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Jack Flaherty Expected to Make Rehab Start for Springfield this Wednesday - Springfield Cardinals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.